News Jon Jones had bench warrant out for his arrest **UPDATE** Charged with battery of cocktail waitress

CountOfSoCal

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...-unaware-of-battery-charge-warrant-until-now/

It stems from a visit at TD’s Eubank Showclub in April. According to Albuquerque Police, a cocktail waitress told officers Jones slapped her inappropriately and pulled her down to his lap and kissed her neck.

Police say he also placed her in a chokehold and picked her up off the ground. When she told him to stop, Jones allegedly kept touching her until he decided to leave. He was then charged with battery.

Earlier this month, Jones told KRQE News 13 ahead of the big fight, he was confident about being a role model. “I feel like I’m becoming a better leader, and I’m trying to bring out the best of the guys that are around me,” said Jones.

However, court records show Jones failed to show up to a bond arraignment for the battery charge last month. Since he failed to appear, a bench warrant was issued. Online records also show Metro Court tried to send Jones a letter to let him know about the warrant, but it bounced back.

Full story in the link. But, this was the easiest thing to predict.

EDIT: Forgot, but as always, full credit goes to Sub-ZeroMMA on twitter. He always has insight on fights being made, as well as stories like this.

EDIT #2: Story was updated within an hour of posting. Since Jon posted the cash bond, the warrant has been lifted. Mods, please edit.

EDIT #3: Coverage of his battery charge here:
Report: Jon Jones Faces Battery Charge for Alleged Strip Club Incident in Albuquerque

EDIT #4:
Jones tweets-- asserts the news is fake, he isn't in trouble, and that his haters will be disappointed when December comes

EDIT #5:
State of New Mexico vs. Jonathan Jones Court Document

Edit #6: TMZ is in on this now, and it's getting weird.
UFC'S JON JONES ACCUSED OF SLAPPING WOMAN'S VAGINA... Denies Allegation

Edit #7:

Defense Attorney says case against Jones is weak, he would love to defend him

Edit #8:

TMZ: UFC'S JON JONES STRIP CLUB PICS From Night Of Alleged Incident

Last edited by a moderator:
Not available in the EU. When will this form of discrimination end!

834dd0d6-958c-4103-89dc-b932ba6fedd5-animated.gif

At this point, all of this kind of shit has become normal with Jones. I stopped caring about what happens outside of the octagon with him, as long as he keeps fighting top competition, I will be watching.

This is part of the UFC Jon Jones Marketing Scheme.

This is ridiculous. Anyone who believes one person can mess up this many times is naive.

This is fake news created to put the Jones I'm out there..

Fuck it.. I'm going to bed.
This is beyonnndddddd meeee

Wait, is this the real Jon Jones or that fake one, you know, that white dude from Twitter with the same name?

SMH it can't be jon bones Jones, I refuse to believe he would ever do anything like this... It just doesn't make any sense.

His fans have convinced me that he is a great guy, a role model and that he needs to be idolized for his noble character. Jon is innocent, you can't convince them otherwise.

Last edited:
Jon Jones is a deranged psychopath who truly believes normal rules do not apply to him.

giphy.gif

dudes gonna duck Walker with out of cage antics like he did with Rumble

This has to be deliberate.
Anyone who believes otherwise is a gullible moron!

UFC is behind this...

This is part of the UFC Jon Jones Marketing Scheme.

This is ridiculous. Anyone who believes one person can mess up this many times is naive.

This is fake news created to put the Jones I'm out there..

<30><28>

that might actually be the dumbest thing I've read on Sherdog

Wait, is this the real Jon Jones or that fake white dude from Twitter with the same name.

SMH it can't be jon bones Jones, I refuse to believe he would ever do anything like this... It just doesn't make any sense.

His fans have convinced me that he is a great guy, a role model and they idolize him for his noble character. Jon is innocent, you can't convince me otherwise.
I feel so bad for the other Jon Jones on Twitter.

At least he takes all the hate in stride. It actually convinced him to become a fan, surprisingly enough.

Back