Andrei Arlovski #ESPN 4

YourfatherII

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Andrei is rematching Rothwell this coming weekend. Coming in on a 4 fight skid in which he was somewhat competitive in those loses. Overall he is 6-9 in his second stint in the UFC.

He happens to be the most frustrating fighter I’ve ever rooted for. What are your thoughts on him and this match?

I see Rothwell paying he back with a finish in this upcoming one.

Ben's gonna dance all over him

GlitteringZealousLaughingthrush.gif

Ben Rothwell looked awful in his return fight

I'm guessing the 2 posters above me didn't see it

I got Andrei by decision

My thoughts are he was robbed in his last 3 fucking fights.

War Pitbull!

Arlovski's chin is shot - you cannot bet on him. If you touch his head with any force, he is out like Rockhold.
giphy.gif

Rothwell. if andre comes in game its a UD loss. if rothwell comes in game its over 1st round.

Arlovski's chin is shot - you cannot bet on him. If you touch his head with any force, he is out like Rockhold.
giphy.gif
Hey look a bunch of Askrens.

Last edited:
If he manages to win a fucking fight finally he will have the most wins in the UFC heavyweight division. He is currently tied with Frank Mir

Come on Andrei! Show them how it's done on ESPN Ocho!

Andrei's last four fights have all been very close decisions, I actually don't expect this to be any different

Ben Rothwell looked awful in his return fight

I'm guessing the 2 posters above me didn't see it

I got Andrei by decision

Rothwell looked shockingly bad. Bigfoot Silva-esque without the TRT.

I also have Arlovski getting back on track, and being on the correct side of the boring disappointing mildly controversial decision.

It has been difficult to watch Arlovski’s decline. What separated Arlovski from other heavyweights was his speed. He no longer has that advantage. He’s noticeably slower than his prime years. His kicking game has taken a back seat as a byproduct. He’s devolved into a semi-aggressive, one handed brawler in the early stages of the fight. Unfortunately as the fights progress, he becomes more passive due to fatigue.

I will give Andrei all the credit in the world for going out there and trying to win fights. He’s trying everything to win; changing camps, adjusting conditioning, etc. No matter how many times the guy has been knocked senseless, he gets up and tries again. The man is a professional in every sense of the word.

It would be nice to see him deliver a highlight finish one more time, but that is a tall order against a durable fighter like Rothwell. Hopefully the history between these two propels them past their limits and they give us a donny-brook reminiscent of their first fight.

I’ll take Arlovski by split decision.

Last edited:
I just can’t believe he’s fought Timmay four times

Rothwell will have no hespect for Arlovski and keep swinging for the KTFO then top it off with an awkward dance and pro wrestling mumbo jumbo.

It has been difficult to watch Arlovski’s decline. What separated Arlovski from other heavyweights was his speed. He no longer has that advantage. He’s noticeably a slower than his prime. His kicking game has taken a back seat as a byproduct. He’s devolved into a semi-aggressive brawler in the early stages of the fight. Unfortunately as the fights progress, he becomes more passive due to fatigue.

I will give Andrei all the credit in the world for going out there and trying to win fights. He’s trying everything to win; changing camps, adjusting conditioning, etc. No matter how many times the guy has been knocked senseless, he gets up and tries again. The man is a professional in every sense of the word.

It would be nice to see him deliver a highlight finish one more time, but that is a tall order against a durable fighter like Rothwell. Hopefully the history between these two propels them past their limits and they give us a fight reminiscent of their first fight.

I’ll take Arlovski by split decision.

<mma4>

K1 level posting.

Andrei is rematching Rothwell this coming weekend. Coming in on a 4 fight skid in which he was somewhat competitive in those loses. Overall he is 6-9 in his second stint in the UFC.

He happens to be the most frustrating fighter I’ve ever rooted for. What are your thoughts on him and this match?

I see Rothwell paying he back with a finish in this upcoming one.

It's fucking crazy he's still fighting. Put it in perspective....a decade ago he just lost to Brett Rogers which was the start of the Arlovski downfall(I guess one could credit Fedor for that the fight before).

Rothwell will have no hespect for Arlovski and keep swinging for the KTFO then top it off with an awkward dance and pro wrestling mumbo jumbo.

Evil villain laugh was GOAT postfight interview

Any chance we get a repeat of their classic (for HW) Affliction tilt??

Nah of course not.... But Andrei has been very competitive and probably should have gotten the nod in at least 1/2 of his last 3 fights...

You just never know what you’re going to get with him... Vicious KO? Tepid Decision win? Inactive loss?

Ben didn’t look so hot in his last fight with Ivanov...

This is a 50/50 call...

Back