Its crazy how much Holloway’s stock has fallen

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Max was riding a 13 fight UFC win streak, which is tied for 2nd all time, going into the Dustin rematch. Some people were proclaiming Max to already being the FW GOAT (Joe Rogan) and a potential GOAT/P4P #1.

After the Dustin loss, not many people are talking about Max’s greatness anymore and his title fight vs Edgar isn’t selling well. MMA truly is a “what have you done for me lately?” sport.

You're only as good as your last fight

MMA really is fickle, people and fans in general are quick to forget, with the “you are only as good as your last fight” mentality.

Maybe next time he'll actually lift some weighta before moving up weight classes.

he got destroyed.

This is precisely why we should end the "superfight era": little to gain and a lot to lose.

Jarl

If he puts a beat down on Frankie it will be restored

Also what if Porier runs through Khabib?
Stranger things have happened
Suddenly Max's competitive 5 rounder with the new 155 champ isn't looking so bad.

UFC 240 would sell better if there was more than one ppv worthy fight on that card.

Max was riding a 13 fight UFC win streak, which is tied for 2nd all time, going into the Dustin rematch. Some people were proclaiming Max to already being the FW GOAT (Joe Rogan) and a potential GOAT/P4P #1.

After the Dustin loss, not many people are talking about Max’s greatness anymore and his title fight vs Edgar isn’t selling well. MMA truly is a “what have you done for me lately?” sport.
It’s probably because he was overrated and not any good to begin with. Just another mediocre fighter with a lucky win streak that’s been protected from wrestlers his entire ufc career.

Everybody loves Max I don't think he lost that much tbh. Who doesn't like Holloway seriously?

He is a fairly large favorite against Frankie Edgar.

They'll be back after a couple wins. I think he was one round away from beating Poirier. Needs to be a little bit more defensive and not as eager to eat shots.

This is precisely why we should end the "superfight era": little to gain and a lot to lose.

Jarl

It really is.

Look at our newest double champ Cejudo. Wins his belt becomes double champ - calls out absurd fucking names like Faber, Cruz and Cody. Seriously, what the fuck dude? You'll honestly hold up 2 divisions for those "money" fights? What an utter joke.

His troubles in the fight before Dustin had many people concerned about his long term health and then he gets molly whopped by Dustin and it seems like a solid downtrend in his stock so not really just a one off if you followed his story

It’s probably because he was overrated and not any good to begin with. Just another mediocre fighter with a lucky win streak that’s been protected from wrestlers his entire ufc career.
tenor.gif

240 is pure trash with not one single fight that makes sense. Its not Jeromes fault.

people act like events in canada without gsp are always sell outs when there not.

Back