How many more quality wins does Khabib need?

piktogram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see that a lot of people like to criticize Khabib's record, saying things like it's padded. At what point does this stop? How many more quality wins does Khabib need for people to stop saying this? Khabib actually has a fantastic record with some great names and his level of dominance in terms of winning rounds is unprecedented, so why do people say this?

Because people are idiots?

Conor
Barboza
RDA
Johnson
Iaquinta

All top fighters and Khabib absolutely manhandled them. He doesn’t have a padded record at all.

Just one.

Tony.

And no, I don't believe Khabib has a padded record.
But that fight absolutely needs to happen.
A win would make Khabib LW GOAT.

Honestly. Like 10 wins to be up there with Jones. 10 top 10 wins. He only has like 4 top 10 wins ever. Jones and GSP have like 15 each.

The winner of Khabib vs Tony will be the absolute lightweight GOAT and will start having a claim at the P4P GOAT status. Whatever happens, both guys are already legends.

I see that a lot of people like to criticize Khabib's record, saying things like it's padded. At what point does this stop? How many more quality wins does Khabib need for people to stop saying this? Khabib actually has a fantastic record with some great names and his level of dominance in terms of winning rounds is unprecedented, so why do people say this?
He has beaten top fighters, but until he faces Tony I don't consider him to have dominated the division.

If he does face Tony and wins, I would change that opinion.

For me, the reason is that Khabib did not deserve to win the title by beating Al. In order to legitimize it, he has to beat the 2 guys who were stripped to make way for him.

1 down, 1 to go.

It never stops. It started with top 10, then top 5, then top 3 and top p4p and he demolished everybody he faced yet people still say he hasn't beaten anybody good.

Usually when people start to discredit a fighter like this and keep saying he'll get wrecked at a higher weight class, you know you got a GOAT level fighter.

We will be lucky if khabib fights even one more time.

Anyone that knows anything about MMA or isnt a pure blind hater knows how good Khabib is. Simple

You can't deny a ufc champ who has already defended his belt.....

On Sherdog?He has to beat DJ's title defense record at LW,clear out WW,jump to a title fight at MW and proceed to beat down lhw and hw or he's a can and was never any good.

Conor
Barboza
RDA
Johnson
Iaquinta

All top fighters and Khabib absolutely manhandled them. He doesn’t have a padded record at all.
People look outside of that to try and discredit him. His first 17 wins were really against nobody's but that's the level of competition he had at his platform and when he stepped it up he didnt slow down and still smashed everyone. He did lose to Gleison though.

On Sherdog?He has to beat DJ's title defense record at LW,clear out WW,jump to a title fight at MW and proceed to beat down lhw and hw or he's a can and was never any good.
Yeah but that will only be bc he handpicked the easiest weakest mw champ and beat up fat mws at lhw and he everyone knows this.

And after his done all that, the moment he loses his battle with dementia, everyone will call him a can

I think he needs just one more. Poirier. If he beats Poirier, then there should be no doubt anymore.

The people that say he hasn’t beaten anybody are people hate Khabib, mostly Conor nut huggers. Plain and simple. They will always downplay his wins and discredit everything he does. They will continually move the goal posts until he eventually loses and then proceed to say what an overrated can he is.

The guy is 27-0, 11-0 in the UFC with wins over 3 current top 15 ranked fighters and numerous other wins over fighters that were ranked at the time. If you think he doesn’t have any good wins, then nobody does.

Not padded, but a way off being a GOAT candidate.

Too bad Khabib doesn't have anyone like a prime Matt Hughes, Jake Shields, Johnny Hendricks, Josh Koscheck ect in his division. Would've been interesting to see him match up against some top level MMA wrestlers/grapplers in their prime who were top ranked in their division.

Even though Khabib was outgrappled by Tibau, you can't count that just like you can't count Jones outgrappling DC.

Back