Ariel Helwani question

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ariel02.jpg

Do you guys think Ariel is an actual fan of MMA or was it just a small pool to get big in as an up and coming journalist ? I cant really put my finger on what it is but its just something about the guy that seems fake. Not a hate thread btw

You'll get a lot of people to circle jerk with you.

I mean the guy has more MMA knowledge than 99% of the current journalists covering the sport. Journalists aren't always fans of the sport they cover, but Ariel has found a way to have fun doing it by developing relationships (no homo) with the fighters.

I don't think he's much of a fan of the actual fighting
He's a big fan of MMA when it comes to the stories, drama and business side of it

he is a little rat that is using UFC as a stepping stone to further his career and dont really give a shit about the fighters or the craft.

He's very unlikeable but benefits from MMA media being populated by pond slime.

The best ESPN has to offer... :) But really, I doubt he has more knowledge then some on here that follow MMA daily...

He's a big fan of MMA when it comes to the stories, drama and business side of it

And i have mixed feelings about that. I get it when Jones almost kills a pregnant woman but whats the relevancy in interviewing a clearly mentally ill Mayhem Miller for example

I think a lot are uncomfortable by his willingness to be successful. Unhappy people tend to look down and judge individuals who are trying to achieve great things in life.

Ariel's has been covering MMA for a decade. If he was not a real fan (yes, I know), he would have quit a long time ago.

I think a lot are uncomfortable by his willingness to be successful. Unhappy people tend to look down and judge individuals who are trying to achieve great things in life.

Nah , im happy with my life and i dont mind other peoples success. That wasnt the point though. The question was if people think he actually likes the sport of mma or if its just a less crowded way to success for him. I dont hate him if thats the case

You are asking if THE mma journo is a real fan? Ariel is a huge fan, the haters can't take that away.

Great things lmao

I'm sure Ariel is a passionate fan, though it seems the actual competition takes a backseat to what goes on outside the cage.

He's very unlikeable but benefits from MMA media being populated by pond slime.

You're not wrong. At all. People may disagree with your comment but that would make them wrong.

That being said I think Ariel loves MMA. But I also think he loves journalism. And it's why he has succeeded.

I don't really think he's a fight fan. Very rarely have I actually heard him talk about fights, he's usually just bringing up drama.

Based on listening to segments of his podcast, etc. you hear the excitement in his voice and the knowledge of obscure MMA trivia. Of course he's a fan of MMA.

On the other hand, you have MMA reporters who don't like MMA enough to actually do their homework coming up with good questions to ask in advance so they ask the same shit questions already asked a day ago.

Back