Lhw actually has prospects, wtf

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After watching Michal Oleksiejczuk finish another guy quickly yesterday and Rountree flash potential, again, last week it looks like lhw really does have a bunch of good prospects.

Khalil Rountree
Michal Oleksiejczuk
Aleksander Rakic
Dominick Reyes
Jim Crute
Magomed Ankalaev
Ion Cuteleba
Alonzo Menifield
Johnny Walker
Dark Stosic

Thats 10 legit prospects. A couple years ago the UFC didn't have one.

Who's your favorite newcomer at lhw? Expecting a lot of Walker fans but I think Rakic is almost the same size and athletic ability but with better technique. Cuteleba is a fucking savage though.

Khalil, if USADA agrees

I've not seen that Stosic? Whats he like stylistically

You know what doesn't have prospects? Heavyweight.

Ledet was supposed to be one, and then he dropped down and had the flat earth shit kicked out of him.

Ankalaev, Stosic, Rakic

Teixeira is not prospect, but still can beat top guys imho

You know what doesn't have prospects? Heavyweight.

Ledet was supposed to be one, and then he dropped down and had the flat earth shit kicked out of him.

Adams, Pavlovich, Willis and Tuivasa. Yea shitty prospects at hw. Flyweight also has Doo Doo prospects. Bw through lhw all have 10 good prospects or more

Hopefully some of them can give Johnny Bones a fight at least...Some day.

Thanks to them I actually really enjoyed the minor cards so far this year. Lot's of good fights so far.

Johnny Walker is on a level of his own. But other than him, Rakic and Ankalaev have lots of promise.

Rountree looked incredible, however his opponent was on a 3 loss streak I think. Sadly as awesome as he looked, I think he will face many losses still

Walker and Rakic are only legit prospects from that list.
Reyes too of course, but he list some steam affer volkan fight.

After that horrible performance by Reyes against ozdemir, I dont consider him prospect. Looked like an amateur.

Thiago Santos and Corey Anderson are somewhat established... more contenders than prospects...

You’re absolutely right, there’s finally an abundance of talent at LHW again. Kinda crazy how highly it was considered years back when I first started watching MMA, only to have it depleted to like 4 guys.

I’m super high on Cutelaba man. His record is just chalk full of super quick KO’s and even scored one in the UFC, 22 seconds I believe.

Walker is making some noise and is definitely one of the top guys to watch on the come up. His KO over Khalil is looking a lot more impressive, especially after Rountree’s recent dominating win.

I need to see more of Racic; I just haven’t watched any of his fights yet somehow.

Johnny Walker's main asset is that he is really tough. Has some fun to watch muai thai. Entertaing pre and post fight moves, lol.
But in "wrestler with strong hands" dominated game, don't see him going far, imho...

Adams, Pavlovich, Willis and Tuivasa. Yea shitty prospects at hw. Flyweight also has Doo Doo prospects. Bw through lhw all have 10 good prospects or more

It was awesome seeing Pavlovich score such a quick and dope KO after being fed to Overeem in his UFC debut. That was kind of unfair from the get-go considering Sergei barely has a dozen fights.

Super bummed we didn’t get to see Shrytcov (I know I butchered that), the crazy muscled Russian guy who looks like he’s made of synthol. If he can pass a piss test he could very well be on this list of LHW prospects in the near future.

Back