In present culture, could a fighter have a huge comeback from rape and prison like Tyson was given?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think it would be huge (Conor) but in current climate, no org would go near him.

Thoughts?

nice choice of words

Like how no org went near Greg Hardy???

yea as an MMA fan i personally couldnt care less if a cage fighter was a rapist or murderer. i actually think i'd like a lot of fighters more if theyd been convicted for murder and gang activity

I don't think it matters. That Metoo stuff doesn't affect the population that buys PPVs. I am pretty sure you guys been around gyms and hear the ridiculousness that comes out of people's mouths especially when there are no females around.

Firstly Conor hasn’t been charged
Secondly yes
It would break all records
All press is good press
So many wannabe gangsters would love vicariously through him and support him whilst the majority will hope for his demise

There's no question that some promoter would take a chance on him.

I think it would be huge (Conor) but in current climate, no org would go near him.

Thoughts?
I was about to say no, but...

IF he was signed after it was proven in court that he did it, I bet it would do huge numbers.

Hell, a ton of his buys are from people hoping he loses already, let alone after this shit.

Depends on what the mma scene looks like in 2032

No, not in today's world. If it turns out to be Conor who raped that woman, he's done. What's unreal to me is how seemingly smart and successful person can mess up his life so bad. Don't get me wrong, but Tyson had his demons and is much more troubled personality than Conor ever was. Conor seemed like the guy who would know how to survive his incredible success. Of course, I reserve my judgement until we find out if any of these allegations are true.

yea as an MMA fan i personally couldnt care less if a cage fighter was a rapist or murderer. i actually think i'd like a lot of fighters more if theyd been convicted for murder and gang activity

Boy have I got the fighter for you.

20140801071338_Picture13.JPG

This was obviously Conor’s master plan all along. Rape a girl so he can increase media chatter & eventually get a piece of the company. No news is bad news. He’s a master strategist & PR machine, makes Muhammad Ali look like a chump.

His biggest fanboys would just say the person he raped or murdered probably deserved it anyway

I would Prefer he was wrongfully accused but still served time and was fighting for justice and his honor in a like a beautiful
Comeback story that eventually turns into a pretty decent based on a true story cinematic experience

Part of the reason Tysons PR didn't get completely tarnished was the narrative he was actually innocent, which I kinda think is bullshit but I guess a similar thing could be done to another fighter.

Back