What is a harder loss to deal with, 3 round wrestle misery or first round KO?

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In light of Blaydes wrestle domination over Willis, it got me thinking, what is harder loss to deal with?

A soul taking Cain style wrestling grind where you feel completely controlled, or a Conor/Aldo style first round ko?

Does claiming it was a flash ko make it easier to deal with despite how quickly you were taken out?
Does going the distance feel better despite feeling completely helpless and dominated throughout?

First round KOs you can write of to luck. Getting wrestled for a full round means your skill sucks.

It goes without saying that I’m not a doctor or fighter

My fear would be that once that instant KO switch is flipped that it would be easier to happen again and I’d be a little fearful of getting hit again

Where as wrestling you can always keep working

I guess KO can be a fluke so i't would be easier to deal with in your head.

I might be wrong here but I think it was Luke Thomas who mentioned that he has talked to numerous fighters and their number 1 concern is being wrestlefucked. Weight is an amazing equalizer if you want to keep it on the feet or at least be competitive.

And since wrestlers are the #1 leaders in weight cutting in MMA, NA has an extremely unhealthy weight cutting problem with strikers dying to make it into a lower weight class so they don't get completely wrestlefucked. Wrestlers in turn, save for maybe Colby, cut as much as they can to give themselves an advantage. Skill + Weight Advantage = Domination

That said near the end of someone's combat sports career they move up since their body is shot and it's the only way to maintain a career. They then eventually get wrestlefucked and exit stage left... Unless you can manipulate your fights to stay away from wrestlers. Good luck with that. Lets see how that works out for Pettis. It sure as hell didn't work out for my girl.

I think getting wrestlefucked for 15 minutes straight.... I mean KO's suck. But if you were dominating the fight leading up to that point. It's like... hey I should be careful I was winning that. But getting dominated for 3 rounds.... It's hard to make any kind of argument.

Last edited:
I'd rather get controlled and fail to improve position for 3 rounds than get a concussion.

KO.

Nobody makes shoop threads of people getting wrestlefucked.

Imagine being Shadfaced... That shit is for life.

picsart_03-24-04-56-51-jpg.552231

Look at what happen to Conor, after getting dropped and tossed around the cage and then submitting he has become a Twitter warrior at best, his well of humiliation must be deep and dark.

Wrestle fucked. The KO is swift, and getting caught is pretty common.
Getting wrestle fucked means you continue to get owned for the duration of the bout, in front of everyone and often times helplessly especially if GNP is considered a part of being wrestle fucked.

I guess KO can be a fluke so i't would be easier to deal with in your head.
Conversely though you take less damage from a guy just lying on top of you for 15 minutes than getting legitimately knocked out. Was there even any real gnp in the Willis Blaydes fight?

Wrestle fucked. The KO is swift, and getting caught is pretty common.
Getting wrestle fucked means you continue to get owned for the duration of the bout, in front of everyone and often times helplessly especially if GNP is considered a part of being wrestle fucked.
Wasn't any really any GNP to speak of in the Blaydes Willis bout though. A KO can shorten your career whereas getting wrestlefucked can just expose a hole in your game. Incidentally who didn't think this was Blaydes path to victory, Willis had a punchers chance at best.

Wasn't any really any GNP to speak of in the Blaydes Willis bout though. A KO can shorten your career whereas getting wrestlefucked can just expose a hole in your game. Incidentally who didn't think this was Blaydes path to victory, Willis had a punchers chance at best.

I wonder if Michael Johnson would agree with this after the Khabib fight.
I'm surprised he's even still fighting.

I wonder if Michael Johnson would agree with this after the Khabib fight.
I'm surprised he's even still fighting.
You're not comparing the Khabib mauling of Johnson to Blaydes Willis surely?

You're not comparing the Khabib mauling of Johnson to Blaydes Willis surely?

Of course not. But the thread is general, not about an individual fight. You gave an example, so I replied with one.

This is a bane like question:

Getting flash KO’d breaks the body and (sometimes literally the jaw).

Getting wrestlefucked often breaks a fighters spirit.

KO is more embarrassing, but we have seen plenty of fighters get KOd early and do well/win the rematch. 3 rounds of being controlled is more frustrating and definitive

Back