Just rewatched Pettis/WB

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
God damn! I still can't believe that, Pettis is a legend of the game, absolutely beautiful stuff. Always comes out to out on a show, always has exciting fights, has been in there with the best light weights ever and always performs.

Ferguson, Pettis, Lawler, Dustin, Holloway, most exciting fighters in the sport.

Respect to WB to, looked good.

I think Pettis should just keep on picking fights that will stand up battles.

Pettis vs Lawler! Pettis Masvidal! Pettis Till! Give it to me! Don't put him in there with any wrestlers.

WB's backward shuffle was bad in that fight.

Pettis just took an advantage of it.

Great fight tho.

Dude was a world champ. His best days may be behind him, but he is still dangerous to anyone.

here are the fights to make

Pettis vs Lawler
Masdival vs Askren (winner gets next title shot)
Colby vs Usman
Woodley vs Chiesa

It's so fucking infuriating that WB lost that way. I can't fault him for not expecting a flying hook off the fence. Anyone would have got caught with that nonsense.

Just watched for the first time is more like it...

Maybe I should rewatch it. It was a great finish and I'm impressed with Pettis' creativity and pacing. But he was getting pieced up.

I was giving pettis a chance before the fight but after the first round I assumed it was going to be a Thompson decision.

The counterpoint of course is that it was one of the best strikers in MMA and Pettis was the first to finish him but I just worry about fighters in their next fight who get by like that.

People shouldn't discount the effect that the leg kicks had on Wonderboy's mobility. Pettis was eating up his legs all fight and it probably contributed to his inability to avoid the fight ending attack. He looked stuck in the mud when Pettis lunged at him.

here are the fights to make

Pettis vs Lawler
Masdival vs Askren (winner gets next title shot)
Colby vs Usman
Woodley vs Chiesa
Switch Woodley vs. Chiesa to Woodley vs. Ponzi and I agree.

Maybe I should rewatch it. It was a great finish and I'm impressed with Pettis' creativity and pacing. But he was getting pieced up.

I was giving pettis a chance before the fight but after the first round I assumed it was going to be a Thompson decision.

The counterpoint of course is that it was one of the best strikers in MMA and Pettis was the first to finish him but I just worry about fighters in their next fight who get by like that.

He was bloodied up to the face but nothing thay caught him seemed to hurt him, first time in a while we haven't seen Pettis wobbled or rocked.

That was one of the best ko's I have ever seen. Amazing.

Back