Rumored Islam Makhachev v Arman Tsarukyan April 20 ufc russia

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last edited:
Makachev needs a top 10,enough of beating cans. What kind of shitty matchmaking is this?

Awful match making

Jesus, from almost fighting Kevin Lee to this

<Huh2>

Makachev needs a top 10,enough of beating cans. What kind of shitty matchmaking is this?

He’s not a can — kids got a ton of upside — master of sport In sambo and boxing

But he’s 22 and making his debt — this fight makes 0 sense for him as well

Maybe it’s a diffrent Islam Makhachev lol

Going to need faces now, all these Russian Dagestani names look the same. Impossible to pronounce. Ah they probably all look the same too.

Armenian vs Dagestani

Should be interesting.

Bad matchmaking. Islam needs to climb up that ranking. Why not Gillespie or Hernandez? Give this Arman guy to Oliveira or Mercier.

Armenian vs Dagestani

Should be interesting.

Seems like the theme this year but this isn’t a fair match up

Like throwing that saribek safarov guy to mousasi

Just these 2 months coming up

Armen gulyan is fighting umar nouramedov (khabibs cousin , undefeated ) in April

Ali baugaginov (former fw title contender ? v Vartan asatryan in May for fng light weight title prolly biggest fight in Russia this year

Going to need faces now, all these Russian Dagestani names look the same. Impossible to pronounce. Ah they probably all look the same too.
Tsarukyan isn't even a Dagestanian. o_O

Makhachev probably just wants to stay active while waiting for a higher profile match-up to come to fruition. St. Petersburg is a very convenient location for him, too, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Makhachev probably just wants to stay active while waiting for a higher profile match-up to come to fruition. St. Petersburg is a very convenient location for him, too, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

What higher profile match up?

He needs to take a name fight to crack the top 10

Kevin Lee
Al iaquinta
Paul Felder

All decent options

It’s ok if he’s thinks this is a “gimme” fight like werdum did against jds he has another thing coming

upload_2019-3-20_1-11-48.gif

What higher profile match up?

He needs to take a name fight to crack the top 10

Kevin Lee
Al iaquinta
Paul Felder

All decent options
Your suggestions sound good to me. I don't usually play this game of speculating who's next for who; all I know is that I would watch all three of those match-ups in a heartbeat.
It’s ok if he’s thinks this is a “gimme” fight like werdum did against jds he has another thing coming

View attachment 548683
I think that's exactly how Islam's team looks at this one: a low-risk fight to both keep the ring rust away and to progress through the remaining fights on his current contract so he can negotiate a better one. Pure speculation from my part, but that's how it feels to me.

I know nothing about Tsarukyan and have never seen him fight, so it'll be interesting to see if this is as low-risk for Makhachev as his team or himself might think.

Wow I'm disappointed as hell. Nobody at all in the top 15 was man enough to fight Islam?! Oh well I guess it's better than nothing, barely.

Ok before you bash this match inform yourselves a little bit first.

4 Top 15 fighters refused to fight Makhachev. UFC is not interested in making Makhachev vs Kevin Lee right now, they want them to take different fights and maybe fight each other in the future but not now.
Arman is the only guy that accepted to fight Makhachev. Isam could have refused the fight but decided to take it because otherwise he would need to wait a very long time to fight again because of ramadan.

Ok before you bash this match inform yourselves a little bit first.

4 Top 15 fighters refused to fight Makhachev. UFC is not interested in making Makhachev vs Kevin Lee right now, they want them to take different fights and maybe fight each other in the future but not now.
Arman is the only guy that accepted to fight Makhachev. Isam could have refused the fight but decided to take it because otherwise he would need to wait a very long time to fight again because of ramadan.

Ali sherdog account found

And we even asked Dana — nobody else ? He said no this is all we have

Impossible to pronounce? Are you really that stupid? It only takes basic reading skill.

Back