Simply cant relate to anyone who wants Jones vs Cormier III

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
I do not understand the appeal for this fight in any sense or fashion.

Jones is up 2-0 and is the superior fighter. 1st fight was a 5 round convincing shutout in which Cormier was out struck and out wrestled.

2nd fight Jones starched his rival, cold, with a head kick and follow up thug ground and pound.

So what the point is the trilogy? Do you want to see Cormier lose again? If this is Cormier's last fight how does it reflect on his career suffering a third loss? Isn't that literally the worst possible outcome for Cormier?

How is this appealing? Just because Cormier has had success at heavyweight doesn't mean its suddenly an even fight. Jones at heavyweight is vastly bigger, unlikely to be out wrestled and doesn't stand stationary so Cormier can throw heavy punches in the pocket.

But steroids!
Jones will go into the fight favourite and is more skilled in mma, everywhere.

Cormier is a better heavyweight!
Jones is a superior mma fighter.

Jones is only up 1-0, 2nd fight a no contest!
Cormier got starched. We all saw it.

Cant we just let Cormier ride off into the sunset as champ champ rather than second place?

With 40lbs of extra fat DC is unstoppable, unless he fights Jones and Jones beats him again.
Pointless fight, DC has no chance.

DC trying to fight cans on his way to retirement. No way he takes a Jones fight at LHW or HW.

Jon already lives rent-free in Crybaby Cornmeal's head, imagine what a third loss will do. <45>

I agree with you but damn... "Blah Blah Blah Jones is so good!" Yes we know. People don't have anybody else but DC to pin their hopes on and they want to see him beat Jones so they can call DC the GOAT rather than Jones.

It would make more sense if Jones was forced to fight clean. I still think DC beats Jones at hw though.

at HW, DC would crush him.

<Dany07>

Can we stop this? Jones beats DC 10/10 times no matter what they fight at. It’s just going to get more and more violent each time. I feel bad for DC. He doesn’t need that brain damage again.

I'm interested at HW.

We've seen plenty of instances where fighters' abilities transfer differently to different weights.

It's not the craziest thing in the world to believe Jones could be better at 205 while DC better at HW (although I wouldn't quite bet on it, it's not the craziest thing ever).

It would make more sense if Jones was forced to fight clean. I still think DC beats Jones at hw though.

Okay but we’ve seen DC get beaten, easily, two times against Jones.

This “DC wins at HW” idea is for the DC fanboys who haven’t gotten over DC getting put to sleep.

Give them fresh opponents. Rivalry over (if there ever was one).

We've seen plenty of instances where fighters' abilities transfer differently to different weights.

It's not the craziest thing in the world to believe Jones could be better at 205 while DC better at HW (although I wouldn't quite bet on it, it's not the craziest thing ever).
Its more likely Jones would have more growth at heavyweight than DC

It's not about the fighting as much as the rivalry. People love bad blood and there's still bad blood because of the failed tests which in a way re-opened the file that had been sealed shut by the KO.

I'm just happy to watch anything lol (except for a 100% wmma card)
but whatever it's not a fight I'm hoping they re do

At heavyweight DC is fatter, slower, and packs more power. Same reach and height disadvantage, same lack of a kicking game, same susceptibility to head kicks. He doesn't have the physical attributes or well-roundedness to beat Jones, he's not winning that fight unless he lands the perfect shot to knock him out. I don't want to see the fight for DC's sake. It would undo all he accomplished at heavyweight and end his career on a disappointing note.

Also I love how some people think DC is so much better not having to diet and cut weight, but that Jones wouldn't be better if he moved up. If anything Jones would be even more dangerous because he'd be free to powerlift and put on real mass instead of fat.

I'm intrigued to see it happen at HW but it's whatever.

Back