Tony Ferguson and the sad story of Jason Miller

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
For those who don't remember Jason Miller, he was a pretty solid fighter back in the day, was the host of MTV's bully beatdown, and was known for having a chaotic and fan-friendly personality and gimmick.

Towards the end of his MMA career, however, that quirky personality spiraled out of control and became a real-life demon.

The guy was found sleeping naked in churches, was accused several times of domestic violence, arrested for assault and battery on civilians and police officers, felony domestic violence, had a 5 hour stand off with the SWAT team while giving live updates on Twitter (WTF??), and ultimately is facing 23 years in prison due to continued incidents and violation of probation.

All of this came about as he got older. Did he ever try to attribute this to CTE in his defense?

Anyway, we might find it funny that Tony Ferguson is jumping fences with his child, throwing holy water and grabbing his wife, and destroying his own home.... but there are some deep-routed issues there and if he doesn't get it under control he will end up like Jason Miller.

Eddie Bravo needs to set Tony straight and stop instigating him with more conspiracy theories while enjoying some laced up doobies.

From what I understood, Mayhem was always “off” but once he got his big hit of fame from bully beat down and coaching TUF, he went WAY off the rails. All it did was make his existing mental illness worse because he thought he didn’t need treatment or something like that.

From what I understood, Mayhem was always “off” but once he got his big hit of fame from bully beat down and coaching TUF, he went WAY off the rails. All it did was make his existing mental illness worse because he thought he didn’t need treatment or something like that.

Isn't this the same as Tony?

Apparently, Tony is really feeling the pressure of not being "as popular" as Khabib and Conor, despite giving all of his blood, sweat, and tears for many years and being on an impressive streak. Not having even close to as many followers on social media, always passed over, interim-title stripped like it was nothing.

The straw that broke the camel's back seems to be when he was passed over for Dustin/Max because he didn't want to fight for an Interim. Dana started blasting him, saying "when we ask you to fight- you fight" and then it all came spiraling down

It doesn't help that he is surrounded by absolute weirdos who are usually under the influence of something extracurricular

Don't know the Jason Miller story but you can't compare this, every case is unique.

Just hope Tony gets the help he needs to get back up again. Don't even care if he fight again (that would be the best ofcourse) just hope he can have a normal life. WAR Tony!

Tony’s had these problems and been aware of them literally since 2011. He went off his meds and had a psychotic episode. It happens. He’s got a family that loves him, it doesn’t seem like his wife wants to leave him, and he should be able to get his life back on track.
Schizophrenia is genetic so I doubt anything to do with his career or his friends caused this behavior. Maybe it stressed him out and contributed to an episode, but something like this would have happened either way

Apparently, Tony is really feeling the pressure of not being "as popular" as Khabib and Conor, despite giving all of his blood, sweat, and tears for many years and being on an impressive streak. Not having even close to as many followers on social media, always passed over, interim-title stripped like it was nothing.

The straw that broke the camel's back seems to be when he was passed over for Dustin/Max because he didn't want to fight for an Interim. Dana started blasting him, saying "when we ask you to fight- you fight" and then it all came spiraling down

It doesn't help that he is surrounded by absolute weirdos who are usually under the influence of something extracurricular
I’m tired of this Tony got passed over, or Tony got screwed nonsense. He had his CHANCES. I feel sorry for his current situation, but professionally, in the end he screwed himself.

Tony's just a bit eccentric. He's ready to keep fighting.

Psychiatrist here (the kind that talks to people and prescribes medications). When someone talks about having a microchip planted in their leg and is paranoid/delusional, if they're not on drugs, it usually means there's some sort of serious mental illness going on (something on the schizophrenia or bipolar spectrum).

There was nothing more embarrassing than seeing Mayhem try to do an Andy Kaufman with his stupid Here Comes the Boom character on Helwani's show.

Psychiatrist here (the kind that talks to people and prescribes medications). When someone talks about having a microchip planted in their leg and is paranoid/delusional, if they're not on drugs, it usually means there's some sort of serious mental illness going on (something on the schizophrenia or bipolar spectrum).
Taking you at your word here I know you are a psychiatrist and this might be medical related:

Could this be a weight cut symptom from constantly dehydrating his body? Or from repeated blows to the head? Or do you think strictly some chemical imbalance?

He had 6 cop cars at his house investigating him for Child Abduction. He did have the kid. He didn't go to jail or the hospital. They didn't even take the kid that day.

She is 0-3 on forcing police intervention on him in a month. While her claims may be an indication Tony has a mental health issue. They could just as easily be an indication she has ulterior motives, or mental health issues herself.

Mayhem has a well documented battle with drugs and alcohol, I don’t think that’s the case with Tony.

For those who don't remember Jason Miller, he was a pretty solid fighter back in the day, was the host of MTV's bully beatdown, and was known for having a chaotic and fan-friendly personality and gimmick.

Towards the end of his MMA career, however, that quirky personality spiraled out of control and became a real-life demon.

The guy was found sleeping naked in churches, was accused several times of domestic violence, arrested for assault and battery on civilians and police officers, felony domestic violence, had a 5 hour stand off with the SWAT team while giving live updates on Twitter (WTF??), and ultimately is facing 23 years in prison due to continued incidents and violation of probation.

All of this came about as he got older. Did he ever try to attribute this to CTE in his defense?

Anyway, we might find it funny that Tony Ferguson is jumping fences with his child, throwing holy water and grabbing his wife, and destroying his own home.... but there are some deep-routed issues there and if he doesn't get it under control he will end up like Jason Miller.

Eddie Bravo needs to set Tony straight and stop instigating him with more conspiracy theories while enjoying some laced up doobies.

Thank you.
While I followed Jason's career and fallout, I never connected the dots to Tony.
I hope it is not the same, and I hope the story is not as sad as MIller's.
Both were fine fighters that I am a fan of, and can only hope they get their demons in check...

I somewhat see it TS, but Tony isnt gone yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Mayhem start doing drugs too?

Yeah, first thing i thought of was a meth fueled run of no food and no sleep when the micro-chip idea was brought forth.
And if no drugs, he needs real medical help, not just some prayers from fans and a hectic workout schedule.
Am I right in thinking that schizophrenia usually becomes stronger as people age?

And what if her claims are falsified? What do you say about people who make such claims erroneously? It's not the most uncommon thing in the world.

From what I saw he's been on meds for years so it's not an unknown situation and probably not from fighting. He's either on drugs or needs to be taking drugs. He probably stopped taking his meds which a lot of people on psych meds do. Hopefully he gets it figured out. Mayhem was the same but he just went off his rocker, and bully beat down was on long before he came to ufc so that's a little hard to determine

Interim titles are nothing.

I agree tho. Tony shouldn’t be surrounding himself with nut jobs like Bravo and the like. Probably the worse thing for whatever is going on in Tony’s head.

Tony has always been a little off. Just listen to him rambling in some of his interviews. Couple that with getting your noggin bashed in for a living, and it's no surprise he's gone off the deep end.

As much as I enjoy watching him compete, he needs to hang up his gloves, and focus on his mental health and Family life.

Back