Is Matt Hughes the only goat to turn back his goat successor?

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can you think of another situation where the old lion was able to turn back the young lion? Im talking about the GOAT of a weight class beating the younger future goat of the same weight class. What a good performance and under rated win. It was the only non fluke loss GSP ever took. I know GSP came back and put him down twice but to finish a young monster GSP is impressive.

Hughes was so awesome.

I actually prefered him to GSP as far as watching his fights. Very exciting and powerful.

Hughes was so awesome.

I actually prefered him to GSP as far as watching his fights. Very exciting and powerful.

i liked Hughes more than GSP too.

he had an exciting way of wrestling, body slamming everyone and manhandling people like nothing.

I’m guessing that you are saying that experience doesn’t count for much? Pretty naive.

I’m guessing that you are saying that experience doesn’t count for much? Pretty naive.

who the fuck told you to guess what im saying? i said what i meant lol. wtf kinda shit are you on. I was just asking if there was another situation like this one while at the same time showing a legend some love.... Trust me if i have something to say, ill say it.

for someone who posts so infrequently you would think you would come with something better when you do post lol. Wtf

Does Jones/Cormier count?

Agree. Hughes was amazing, and taking out the young killer/champ to be was a seriously impressive thing.

Hughes was a monster - a former 5-defense champ in one of the deepest divisions, with 36 wins when GSP had only 7 fights

Stipe Ngannou, if Ngannou ends up being great, Conor Holloway, Cruz Dillishaw (even though Cruz didn't deserve to win)

Yes, Hughes was a great fighter but he had 2 asterisks, the losses to Hallman.

who the fuck told you to guess what im saying? i said what i meant lol. wtf kinda shit are you on. I was just asking if there was another situation like this one while at the same time showing a legend some love.... Trust me if i have something to say, ill say it.

for someone who posts so infrequently you would think you would come with something better when you do post lol. Wtf
Mad because I saw through your backhanded shot at GSP?

bump when sean omalley gets killed by dominick cruz

Mad because I saw through your backhanded shot at GSP?

lol not at all. im still trying to figure out if you are slow or just stupid. Are you an over sensitive gsp fan boy? grow a pair nancy. I got nothing but love for GSP. giving someone credit for beating "the young monster gsp" is not hating on him. i dont see how that is so hard to comprehend.

Nog beat Werdum before Werdum went on to become the GOAT HW grappler and avenge the loss, like Georges did.

Some would say Cruz/TJ. I don’t think TJ has done enough yet, but maybe if he beats Moraes, Cejudo, and another solid contender or two. (Some also say Cruz lost that fight, but that’s a whole other debate.)

Nog beat Werdum before Werdum went on to become the GOAT HW grappler and avenge the loss, like Georges did.

Some would say Cruz/TJ. I don’t think TJ has done enough yet, but maybe if he beats Moraes, Cejudo, and another solid contender or two. (Some also say Cruz lost that fight, but that’s a whole other debate.)
Nah. 2nd fight Nog way past his prime.

GOAT HW Grappler is the one who armbarred 1/4 of RTT.

Nuff´Said.

Good call on Nog.

Back