Israel Adesanya: Another title contender with zero top 10 wins

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
His wins are Brunson, Tavares, Silva

Brunson is the only one even remotely top 10 at this point.

Israel has earned a title shot while avoiding fights with Weidman, Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Costa.

Weidman is out of the picture with several losses, Rockhold is moving to LHW, Costa and Romero are fighting eachother.

That really only leave Jacare and the UFC don't want his unmarketable ass anywhere near a title.

It is what it is.

If Israel beats Gastelum and then Whitaker he deserves to be champ.

Israel has earned a title shot while avoiding fights with Weidman, Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Costa.

It's not that big of a deal. If he becomes champion or stays at the top he's going to eventually fight those guys anyway

Who the fuck has Costa beaten to be included with those other fighters?

Brunson was 10 exactly when Israel beat him, and this came after going 2-1 against Jacare, unranked Machida, and Dan fucking Kelly. Objectively, putting him at 10 was generous
Pretty sure he was 6 hence why he is 8 now.

It's not that big of a deal. If he becomes champion or stays at the top he's going to eventually fight those guys anyway

That's not really the point? Becoming champ enshrines you in history, regardless if you actually earned it or not.

How can you claim to be champ while avoid 7 of the top guys

Garbrandt had less and worst UFC wins, yet he still beat Cruz to take the title.

I didn't know Silva was not even top 10 anymore :(
His ranking at #15 was weird because he'd been out for a long time. UFC rankings are an average of voting media members so some would have ranked him higher and some would have him unranked.
I think he was ranked in the lower Top 10 before he was suspended.

Brunson was 10 exactly when Israel beat him, and this came after going 2-1 against Jacare, unranked Machida, and Dan fucking Kelly. Objectively, putting him at 10 was generous
Brunson was ranked #6 when Israel beat him. Get over it. Why you mad???

"Israel hasn't beaten any top 10 fighters"

proceeds to post up to date rankings

I don't think you've proven what you think you have

Okay bruh. Time period accurate. I'm even more right.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.09.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.07.27 AM.png

...and if he beats Kelvin for the glorified #1 contender spot, he'd have three top ten wins including a top 5 before getting a shot at Whittaker.

Back