852c030f05ba0e03225e502e4b0d412a_crop_exact.jpg

derrick-lewis-tuf-19-finale1.jpg

WWF-Magazine-Virgil-Tribute-Issue-August-1993.png

Sage-Northcutt.png

26EC335C00000578-0-image-m-19_1427113002417.jpg

usatsi_9161408.jpg

GettyImages-176717513.0.jpg

5 of the 9 people there have either been champs or contested for a UFC title

How was cm punk overhyped? Everybody thought he would lose and he lost, no surprises

Virgil GOAT.

tumblr_mogdjr50yG1rs1f4ro1_500.jpg

Anyone watch OSW Review?

How was cm punk overhyped? Everybody thought he would lose and he lost, no surprises

I think getting put on a UFC PPV main card your first fight, getting owned and then getting put on another UFC PPV main card for your second fight and getting owned again constitutes being labeled as over hyped

Please. Him being on a PPV main card twice wasn't over-hyping him a bit much. But this was according to google not me
I think getting put on a UFC PPV main card your first fight, getting owned and then getting put on another UFC PPV main card for your second fight and getting owned again constitutes being labeled as over hyped
Money talks at the end of the day, his star power got him the gig not his skills, his drawing power wasn’t overhyped and his skills weren’t either as he didn’t have any(compared to others)
I see your points

Cain
Askren
Cormier
Weidman
Ronda

in any order.

Last edited:
Brock - Won the belt. Got diverticulitis and was never the same.

Lee - Hyped? Well maybe a little. Still a top LW and young and could potentially contend again for the belt in the future.

PVZ - Okay

???

Black Beast - If anything he was underrated. Everyone expected him to lose most of those fights he won, myself included.

Sage - Yeah overhyped

CM Punk - I mean there was hype because he's famous. But no one expected much from him.

Conor - Two weight class champion

Overeem - Multiple mma champion and K1 kickboxing champ

Garbrandt. Headlines a card after beating 3 scrubs, is labelled by Dana as " the big future star" gets the Lineker fight cancelled for an easier fight, gets the belt, talks about fighting Demetrious like he is a longtime champ, nearly sits on the belt for a year and coaches TUF while Dillashaw goes through a murderer's row in the division, gets KTFO, sits on the sidelines for nearly a year, gets an immediate rematch that not even longtime defending champs have gotten, gets KTFO again, and now gets to handpick his next opponent (confirmed by his manager), again avoiding the tougher fights in his division.

Last edited:
According to google theses are the most over-hyped UFC fighters

usa_today_10334422.0.jpg

Easily the most overhyped and overrated fighter in the UFC.

Always described as a nightmare matchup for far superior fighters who would destroy him.

Back