TJ Stock ..

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
Plummeted....

Its crazy how this whole think backfired on him. He not only lost to a guy in the division below him, but now his dominance at BW feels questioned and disputed.

This is the type of shit that derails guys' careers and they go on a skid.

Never go in cocky. At least Jones knows he has to bends the rules to win.

It was a tough gamble,
with a pretty good payoff if victorious.

He could make the weight,
couldn't win the fight.

it is what it is....

I don’t think his stock plummeted really, makes his cocky and I likeable persona even more I likeable though...

He’s still good, imo turns out Henry is increasingly better than I thought and weight cut might have been a factor too

But man he was I likeable before and his “I didn’t lose” isn’t helpjng

He's not the bw goat, he never was imo until he could avenge the Cruz loss.

GOOD fighter, had some amazing moments, but you are 100% correct that this did backfire on him.

TJ has shown the ability to bounce back. I think he will, and this was good for him because he was getting too cocky there for a minute.

It got bad when he lost to Cejudo, then it got worse when he acted all salty saying he didn't lose the fight.

Mainly his stock as a person looks awful due to how he handled the loss (and the shit he said in lead up).

"This is a stepping stone for my legacy"

"You didn't beat me"
"I didn't lose"

As for the loss- 32 seconds looks bad on paper, but there is a bit of controversy on the stoppage (I don't think it would have changed the outcome) and it had that "got caught" "got clipped" element to it.

If he loses the rematch, especially via standing strikes, then his stock plummets, he would have two losses to the new champ if they donir at 135 and be in no man's land like Cody was (and worst of all Cody would become an instant contender again!)

If he beats Henry convincingly, his stock still drops overall, but not nearly as much.

Nah, You could see even after he hydrated on fight night that he didn't look right..TJ proved that extreme weight cutting kills your chin and nothing more.

He's not the bw goat, he never was imo until he could avenge the Cruz loss.

I disagree. He's got as good a claim on it as Cruz. What their fight told us, if anything, was that there is very little skill gap between these two.

now his dominance at BW feels questioned and disputed.

Lol? What are you basing this "feeling" on?

Dillashaw's loss to Cejudo showed us that Cehudo is not to be trifled with, that Dillashaw is too brittle at 125, and that Dillashaw is a poor loser. He's still the 135 lb king.

I always thought TJ needed to beat Cruz to cement his status. This makes the 135 division look pretty bad.

123-Faber.png

I disagree. He's got as good a claim on it as Cruz. What their fight told us, if anything, was that there is very little skill gap between these two.

Lol? What are you basing this "feeling" on?

Dillashaw's loss to Cejudo showed us that Cehudo is not to be trifled with, that Dillashaw is too brittle at 125, and that Dillashaw is a poor loser. He's still the 135 lb king.
He's the BW King because he beat Barao, Cody and split fights with Asuscao?
Meh

Plummeted....

Its crazy how this whole think backfired on him. He not only lost to a guy in the division below him, but now his dominance at BW feels questioned and disputed.

This is the type of shit that derails guys' careers and they go on a skid.
not to mention the weight cut he had to do. his chin is dead now

He wanted an easy path to 'double champ' so he could take a photo with a 2nd belt and kill 2 birds with 1 stone by making it easy for Dana to justify closing the division, so he made a selfish decision and it cost him, now he has to rematch Cejudo at 135 and win or his legacy is tainted by this.

He's the BW King because he beat Barao, Cody and split fights with Asuscao?
Meh

1. You ducked the question. What are you basing your "feeling" that Dillashaw's hold on 135 is shaken?

2. Cody schooled Dom. Barao was a champ with several defenses. Assuncao is a damn good fighter.

Don't get me wrong. Dom is a great fighter. He built his BW legend by beating Faber, Benavidez, and Johnson. Bowles was a solid win too. At least half his best wins were natural flyweights. If you want to claim Dom was the Bantamweight GOAT, I have no strong objection, but no way he's head and shoulder about Dillshaw.

Back