Fickle Sherdog:TJs weight cut

Son of Sonnen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Before Saturday: Clearly not can issue. TJ isn’t even a big BW. TJ looks awesome on the scale. Was an easy weight cut.

<mma4>

After Saturday: Clearly was a big issue. TJ is a big BW. TJ looked awful on the scale. It was a difficult, bad weight cut.

<36>

Before Saturday: Clearly not can issue. TJ isn’t even a big BW. TJ looks awesome on the scale. Was an easy weight cut.

<mma4>

After Saturday: Clearly was a big issue. TJ is a big BW. TJ looked awful on the scale. It was a difficult, bad weight cut.

<36>

I think those pictures of TJ really changed a lot of people’s minds.

I don't know ANYONE saying TJ had an easy weight cut.
If anything, his pics showed an almost dead TJ. If anyone said anything was in awe TJ was such a professional to almost kill himself and make that weight. Lesser fighters would quit (like Pettis did at FW)

Who was saying TJ had an easy weight cut? I don't care about him as a fighter but as a more neutral observer, he looked terrible....Maybe it is just what you're used to seeing but it looked sickly..to the point where I have a hard time this wasn't dangerous....

A fighter that is already cutting to get to 135...and he cuts 10lbs more beyond that....how much more water is being squeezed and how bad must that be for his body?

People thought wrong. Sooo funny right? TBH i still think he looked good on the scale but that doesn't mean weight cut did not affect his recovery and chin.

bale-machinist.jpg

I think those pictures of TJ really changed a lot of people’s minds.

If anything, his pics showed an almost dead TJ. If anyone said anything was in awe TJ was such a professional to almost kill himself and make that weight. Lesser fighters would quit (like Pettis did at FW)

Who was saying TJ had an easy weight cut? I don't care about him as a fighter but as a more neutral observer, he looked terrible....Maybe it is just what you're used to seeing but it looked sickly..to the point where I have a hard time this wasn't dangerous....

A fighter that is already cutting to get to 135...and he cuts 10lbs more beyond that....how much more water is being squeezed and how bad must that be for his body?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...o-much-to-make-weight.3896875/#post-148416725

Wtf, who said he looked fine before the fight? I remember several threads about how drained he looked.

He didn't eat enough horse meat. Horse meat make you strong.

He reminded me of James Irvin when he dropped down. I think it messed him up. He could not take a punch and recover. Hopefully he will move back up and stay there.

Newsflash: different people say different things

Newsflash 2: people change opinions after new information

Sherdog has been saying TJ won't make weight since this fight was a possibility with MM. Only actual TJ supporters and MM haters thought he could easily make.

TJ, like Faber and Cruz, weighs in the 160s normally. FFS the California AC released the incage weights for the entire card for TJ vs Cody 2. TJ rehydrated to 157 pounds. That's about 36 after weigh ins. Imagine a full week of recovery what he weighs.

He's not a big BW, but he's very lean. His weight cut was always a question, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. He pulled through which was great but he looked terrible doing it. But to say the weight cut is the only reason he lost is absurd as saying the weight cut didn't affect him at all.

Sometimes MMA fans can be so stupid, but it's MMA so not surprising.

???

Pettis was a shell of himself at FW.

I think a 170 Pettis is going to make a decent run. Better tank. More power in strikes. Better chin. More focus on a specific opponent and not making weight. I'm pumped for his fight with WB.

He's not a big BW, but he's very lean. His weight cut was always a question, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. He pulled through which was great but he looked terrible doing it. But to say the weight cut is the only reason he lost is absurd as saying the weight cut didn't affect him at all.

Sometimes MMA fans can be so stupid, but it's MMA so not surprising.
What's the rehydrated weight of a big BW in your opinion?

<mma4>

<36>
Pretty much.

then he was gonna move up to 145 and take out Max.

What's the rehydrated weight of a big BW in your opinion?
Someone said he was 36 lbs heavier on fight night last time against Cody so, yeah he is a pretty big guy in that sense. Add to that he's super lean, which makes the weight cut even harder.

Back