greg hardy can go far in HW

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
look at black beast.

hes just a puncher. but hes tough as hell which is why he wins.
I wouldnt even call him a boxer.
and hes #2 in the division.

ngannou is the same thing, but more of a boxer and more skilled but not as tough as black beast.

Greg on the other hand is actually an athlete. dudes fast as fuck, with his feet and his hands and hes powerful.

what im saying is that greg is not that much different than the top guys in the division.
there aren't that many good wrestlers either.

people who are writing him off just because hes 2-0 and 'green' dont know shit and follow the opinions of the majority. use actual reasoning in terms of what can happen inside the cage. forget the shit outside the cage because that shit does not matter.

I’m not writing him off I just haven’t seen enough of him. I saw his tKO highlight but that’s it. I curious to see how well he takes a punch.

look at black beast.

ngannou is the same thing, but more of a boxer and more skilled but not as tough as black beast.

Greg on the other hand is actually an athlete. dudes fast as fuck, with his feet and his hands and hes powerful.

what im saying is that greg is not that much different than the top guys in the division.

people who are writing him off just because hes 2-0 and 'green' dont know shit and follow the opinions of the majority. use actual reasoning in terms of what can happen inside the cage. forget the shit outside the cage.

lol thats pretty easy to "say" and not very fair. Did you see what the "puncher" did on the ground when gonzaga had his back? In fact he has shown great grappling defense a few times. Just because he chooses to "swang and bang" doesnt mean he cant defend him self on the ground.

ngannou has also survived on the ground. IF hardy can do that and prove hes not "just a puncher" he can go far.

I do agree overall though that Hardy can do well if he answers those questions. He has crazy power and speed. Lets see how he does with a REAL fighter and lets see how he reacts to a take down and a clean punch landing on him. I doubt we will see that tonight.

edit...thats not to mention the heart. Black beast has been damn near finished a few times and has the heart of a true warrior. A lot of "punchers" are glass cannons. The black beast is a bad mother fucker in general lol.

I’m not writing him off I just haven’t seen enough of him. I saw his tKO highlight but that’s it. I curious to see how well he takes a punch.
hes been eating ufc level guys in the training room for breakfast since 2017 . if hes got a decent gas tank ( hes a lifelong athlete so one can hope) and got dem handz he could go far . real far , if he dont get pushed so fast .

He hasn't fought anyone yet.

We haven't seen him take a real punch, haven't seen his cardio, haven't seen his ground game.

He has potential, but there isn't nearly enough information yet to declare him the next big thing.

I dont think Ive ever seen dude take a punch.

Hes sloppy as fuck too.

Stipe/DC/Cain would TRASH him.

look at black beast.

people who are writing him off just because hes 2-0 and 'green' dont know shit and follow the opinions of the majority. use actual reasoning in terms of what can happen inside the cage. forget the shit outside the cage because that shit does not matter.
Why do you figure black beast is tougher than Francis?

Black beast wilts often. It was actually shocking that Volkov didn't even try to finish him and the multiple times he keeled over.

Francis has barely been in trouble, let alone finished.

Physically gifted athletes can rise to the top in combat sports very easily. I mean look at Deontay "the windmill" Wilder. The guy's technique gets mocked all the time but his physical attributes win him almost every fight (I say almost because Fury obviously got robbed, that's an unofficial L on Deonty's resume).

He's looking like the real deal.

Plus the best wrestlers in the division: Cain, Cormier, and Stipe are all getting old. Werdum gone, Barnett gone, Overeem getting old, Oleinik old as fuck etc.

The up and comers in the division are mostly all brawlers other than Blaydes.

Like almost always. You know almost nothing about a HW until they face an elite wrestler. You can knock guys out all day long. But if you can’t wrestle it’s almost impossible to make it to the top and stay there.

So I’m not even contemplating getting on this hype train. Unless a guy can prove otherwise. A hard punching HW that can’t wrestle is just another Ngannou. And that’s not good enough.

Ngannou not tough as Black beast? Black beast is a quitter, Ngannou is not. From overrated to underrated just because one fight. Dude is a beast, seems like he has best chin atm too.

When people picture an A-level athlete do they think of a guy with no abs who's a but fat around the middle like Greg Hardy?

3-0 tells you nothing so far and neither will this fight. Lets see how he does when he fights someone who didn't get knocked out in half a round by Justin Willis in their last fight.

Like almost always. You know almost nothing about a HW until they face an elite wrestler. You can knock guys out all day long. But if you can’t wrestle it’s almost impossible to make it to the top and stay there.

So I’m not even contemplating getting on this hype train. Unless a guy can prove otherwise. A hard punching HW that can’t wrestle is just another Ngannou. And that’s not good enough.

Not the best example, Ngannou is an elite HW that has destroyed one of the best wrestlers in the division twice now. And the only wrestlers in the division better than Blaydes are getting way up there in age.

Does he have cardio? can he get up once take down? does he have a good chin? so many questions that need answering. Lewis hasnt got good cardio but is tough and does a pretty good job of getting up when taken down

Back