Khabib's head coach lobbies for Conor McGregor rematch at Dallas Cowboys Stadium

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Now Khabib’s head coach, Javier Mendez, is adding to the speculation. According to Mendez, he’d prefer to see Khabib fight McGregor next due mostly to the selling power of the rematch. Mendez believes other matchups at 155 pounds exist for Nurmagomedov, but nothing that will equate to the prize of fighting “Notorious.”

“I look at this as more of a prizefight than I do sport. I want the biggest prizefight and the biggest prizefight hands down is, there’s no comparison, it’s Conor,” Mendez said on the “Off the Brawl MMA” show (h/t MMA Fighting). “Obviously, I want a rematch, because that’s what it is, the biggest prizefight, right? Because of what happened the last time there’s more interest on the second one, there’s a rematch to be had. For me, I would rather have that.”

“There is nobody in MMA that can bring that kind of money that Khabib and Conor can in the rematch,” he added. “That’s the reason I would want that, but Khabib may want a different thing, Khabib may want Tony [Ferguson]. It’s hard to say because Jan. 29th hasn’t happened.
“We don’t know what [NAC] are going to do, how long they’ll be suspended, how much money…but from my point of view I would want the rematch for the prizefight. It’s bigger, it’s three or four times as much.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/18/...r-mcgregor-rematch-at-cowboys-stadium-ufc-mma

EZ cash for khabib but McG doesn't deserve a rematch, he didn't give one to Aldo and now he's demanding one??

Let him sell his cheap booze, Tony deserves that a lot more than Mcg.

That'd be pretty bad ass

Imagine hearing the foggy dew in a stadium?

artworks-000122909063-lypbjh-t500x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it’s Khabib vs Tony I don’t care about it or want to hear about it.

Hey if they do this garbage, let’s have Amanda vs Cyborg ll as the co-main. Neither fight ends any differently in my opinion.

Mcgregor himself said he is fine fighting the next in line
Dana confirmed this
Why are we talking about very obvious ploys to keep Khabib in the news

He is right it’s not a sport
It’s prize fighting
To bad sherdoggers dont get this

Mendez is beginning to enter Ali territory when it comes to saying stupid things.

If Khabib really fights for legacy instead of money he'll take the Tony fight instead of McGregor, and as a Khabib (and MMA fan in general) fanboy, that's what I'm hoping he'll do.

besides tony vs. khabib would definitely bring over 500k+ ppv buys, maybe even 800k+. their trash talk is hilarious, and every casual MMA fan would tune in to watch a Khabib fight now, especially if it's against ferguson..

if u wanna talk about prizefighting, tony vs khabib would cement Khabib's legacy as the LW GOAT and at the same time make money. i don't see how mcgregor 2 would be better.

If McGregor gets the next shot at the title over Ferg then the title is meaningless.

Mendez is beginning to enter Ali territory when it comes to saying stupid things.
no, mendez is right even though it's frustrating to admit because every actual MMA fan would rather watch khabib fight tony.

if u look at it as prizefighting over a sport like Mendez said, Conor is the obvious choice. There is no doubt about that.

EZ cash for khabib but McG doesn't deserve a rematch, he didn't give one to Aldo and now he's demanding one??

Khabibs head coach suggests a rematch, and what you take from that is Conor "demanding" a rematch??

It would be a big seller that is for certain. I would watch it.Chuck+norris+memes+in+2017+_f743583a2f776a9364c994d6f2b47c7f.jpg

I am fine with it but if Tony wins 11 more in a row he probably deserves a title shot at that point, right? He'll be like 40 years old by then, but no way they can deny him one if he's on a 22 fight win streak, right?

Dallas played their best game of the season when Conor was in attendance… but he will need more then that terrible defense to stop Khabib and crew from wrecking shop again...

Easiest money Khabib can make.

Conor will abandon his more closed stance in the rematch and go back to his bouncy Alvarez stance only to offer more for Khabib to get a hold of.

Same result, more money.

Hopefully Javier tunes in next Saturday to the biggest fight of 2019, Fedor vs Bader at Bellator 214.

Cowboys Stadium? Maybe 2 years ago.

Back