$378 gi. Wtf.

An elite Judogi costs 379 in my size. I do not see a problem. If you are wearing something like this you are doing some international competition, not learning the basics at your local club.

For that kind of cash you better be able to wear it to the symphony.

Lol I agree bjj hq! I did not know judo gi cost that much either. What makes judo gi worth almost 400 dollars or what makes it so different than a regular one? When I try it on am I going to feel like I am wearing a 400 dollar gi or a 200 dollar gi?

I still have yet to try anything on that I felt was really worth anything more that 100 bucks I know this gi may have a better quality standard but is it really going to be better than half of everything else out there is all I am wondering

That is a lot more money than I am willing to spend on a gi. I understand the concept of paying for quality but there are no details provided to differentiate this from one that costs less than half. The only differences I see are made in Japan and inspected.

Would anyone pick this over a shoyoroll?

well guys if you need any kind of i,s FULLY CUSTOMIZED ,contact me...
any fabric type , etc
including , gold weave , ripstop weave , single weave , anything..........you name it and we make it
at far less price then this...all customizable

An elite Judogi costs 379 in my size. I do not see a problem. If you are wearing something like this you are doing some international competition, not learning the basics at your local club.

Fuji Sports along with Lia Hatashita and Jimmy Pedro have designed the best of the best: The Nippon Edition BJJ Kimono.

The Nippon Edition sets the new standard in BJJ gi quality. Using only the highest grade, hand-seleceted cotton from around the world, skilled weavers in one of the original Japanese gi factories went to work to craft this masterpiece.

The Nippon Edition arrives in its own drawstring gi bag and features:

Japanese Kanji on skirt and shoulder epaulets
Minimal decoration and room for association patches
Inside ribboning for subtle style
Triple stitched seams
Quadruple bottom of pant cuff reinforcement
Seams covered by durable and soft fabric for zero irritation

http://www.martialartssupplies.com/...he_Nippon_Gi_-_Crafted_and_Perfected_in_Japan

EDIT: http://www.fujisports.com/product.aspx?productid=173&pvavID=1204&qty=1

Last edited:
I wanted to buy the old Howard Absolute @ $300 so bad but by the time I had the money for it, it'd been discontinued.

Yeah judo gi's are pricey. I have a nice one, not as nice as the one mentioned but still pricey.

And judo is a low cost sport, looks like there are always people out there to make a pretty penny.

Honestly, I'm willing to pay good money for a gi... but what exactly about this one is so special? I could literally buy 3 gis for that price, maybe 4 Fujis if I catch a BJJHQ deal or something like that.

There really isn't much info on it.

I haven't gone to bjj class in like 3 weeks because of a foot injury. In the meantime, I'm looking to buy another gi and even trade up some of the ones I have. It's because I'm a gi-hoarder. I need help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loverich
Back