Media 30-27 for Barber was the correct score card.

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
The only way you can find it for Lee is if you think control trumps damage.

LEE LANDED ONLY 1 STRIKE WITH 5 MINUTES OF CONTROL TIME.

ONE STRIKE IN 5 MINUTES! NO WAY SHE WON.

Barber killed her on the feet, and even did more damage on the ground while Lee laid on top.
Side control means nothing if you can't even throw one strike or threaten any submissions.

I thought Lee won cause UFC judges are usually tools and favor control over damage, I was shocked Big Dan got this right and gave it 30-27 Barber.

upload_2023-3-26_18-6-23.png

Stats don't always tell the fight... but the correct person won this time.

True it doesn't always tell the story but I think the stats are quite accurate in telling the story in this case. Barber was edging Lee on the feet with damage, and Lee laid and prayed, while telling more damage from Barber on bottom.

Like in round 1, I don't see how Lee takes that round at all (and it was her strongest), Barber trapping her arm and just throwing elbows at her head from the bottom was the biggest moment and the most damaging moment of the round easily.

It was one of the unique few situations where damage beat out a lot of control to win. UFC judges usually gives it to control.

Had a little cash on Lee but wasn't surprised at all when Barber got the nod. Not really mad about the scorecards either.

I think Lee was probably the more skilled fighter overall in every area, but that doesn't decide a fight. When Barber was scoring she looked a lot better doing it than Lee when Lee was having her moments.

Barber is very good at winning visuals. She can lose an exchange and still come out of it looking like she won.

Facts MMA fans are so quick to talk about control time but also say damage matters the most whichever favors their narrative

Barber killed her on the feet, and even did more damage on the ground while Lee laid on top.
Side control means nothing if you can't even throw one strike or threaten any submissions.

I thought Lee won cause UFC judges are usually tools and favor control over damage, I was shocked Big Dan got this right and gave it 30-27 Barber.

View attachment 975986
The difference in head shots was noticeable. And not only did Lee not land anything on the ground, but she also never tried to advance or submit Maycee. She had every chance to win this fight but just held position instead. I remember thinking "why isn't she doing anything?" but was still hopeful my Lee by decision at +300 would cash

Damage isn't a criteria

View attachment 975986

Barber did not kill her on the feet. She landed a few more strikes and her strikes were slightly better imo. It was a closer fight than some people are making it out to be, but you are overcompensating for that.

Lee did more damage besides the control time, some of you are as good as Big Dumb at judging fights.

Lee did more damage besides the control time, some of you are as good as Big Dumb at judging fights.

What? Barber almost finished her in the second. And Barber clearly had the most damaging shots of the first round with the elbows on the ground when she trapped Lee's arm.

Back