• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media 3 years ago today, Anderson Silva retired from MMA

Dude... you are full of shit Anderson Silva retired January 31st 2015 after beating Nick Diaz in an entertaining fight for the fans.
Wrong. Anderson Silva retired after KOing Bisping.
tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gifv

Amazing fighter, just unimpeachable talent and skill level.

There were so many fights I was worried for him in, he was in his 40's fighting the very best of the best. But nearly every time he showed up and proved despite the leg break, he still had lots of brilliance to show.

I can never really be in the UFC's corner ever again; they've done so many people wrong over the years.

Yep. They'll just blame covid.from ken,Royce, randy,,chuck etc etc .. they all are planned to be lambs taken to slaughter. The MMA business.. rough

The ufc fuckin sucks what do you expect. No respect for their legends once they are done profiting off of them.

Instead we worship the likes of cowboy cerrone and Anthony Smith. They should be paying someone like GSP serious coin to be involved in the sport, not Alan jouban and these other jabronies.

The ufc fuckin sucks what do you expect. No respect for their legends once they are done profiting off of them.

What's your suggestion for what they should've done with Silva? The UFC held all their 2020 events after covid began in empty arenas (Abu Dhabi, the Apex & in Florida) I wouldn't hold too much against them in how they handled Silva's final fight. If he was set on retiring from MMA in 2020 it was always going to be in an empty arena somewhere.

They definitely could've made the broadcast for his final fight more a celebration of his career, I'll say that. But as far as the opponent choice & venue, their hands were a bit tied. I guess if he could've held off retiring until 2021 than they could've given him a better sendoff.

3 years? Fucking hell, I thought it was like a year and a half max.

Andy is such a legend, and we were blessed we got as much out of him as we did. He was responsible for some of the greatest KO's ever, and in my opinion the greatest comeback ever in Chael 1. War Anderson forever.

Dude... you are full of shit Anderson Silva retired January 31st 2015 after beating Nick Diaz in an entertaining fight for the fans.
Even that fight was a bit weird,but thats more Nick's fault. I dont blame Anderson for not being the same after that leg injury and being hesitant

Back