3 Steps to Insanity: Diaz V. McGregor II (kinda)

NewAgeChuteBoxe

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I was walking to class, day-dreaming of the Nate v. Conor match up that was just dropped into our collective laps, when an even broader and more exciting prospect crossed my mind. As has become common place with McGregor, he and the general public have come to try and predict his trajectory should his insane-seeming predictions come true, so here are 3 steps to one of the most grandiose scenario we could see.

Step 1) McGregor wins against Nate Diaz & demands a shot at Lawler

Step 2) Faces Lawler and wins at UFC 200, which granted is incredibly unlikely but so is knocking out Jose Aldo in under 15 seconds with a back-skipping left hand

Step 3) Defends the Welterweight belt against Nick Diaz upon suspension return. Unlikely because of A. Silva loss, but wouldn't be the first time Diaz has been gifted a title shot and would be an absolutely huge draw.

Thoughts on the outcome of that fight or if the two will ever be matched up?
I think Diaz, being larger and in better condition might simply wear him down, but I am unsure how Conor's power transfers that high up the scale.

If Conor beats Robbie I'm done doubting him....

Huge Conor fan but I'm a pessimist.

Though Mendes would grind him to a decision
Thought Aldo would batter him to a lopsided decision
Felt like RDA was gonna crush him
Feel like Diaz fight is a tossup

If he beats Nate than either Robbie or RDA I'm just gonna stop being so worried for him haha

They're gonna have a whole lot of disgruntled employees that fight at 170 if they give Conor and then give Nick a title shot.

This is all too much.....
Conor v Lawler, after beating Nate, then defending against Nick.
I love it.
I need some weak tea.

If Conor beats Robbie I'm done doubting him....

Huge Conor fan but I'm a pessimist.

Though Mendes would grind him to a decision
Thought Aldo would batter him to a lopsided decision
Felt like RDA was gonna crush him
Feel like Diaz fight is a tossup

If he beats Nate than either Robbie or RDA I'm just gonna stop being so worried for him haha

LOL you have to wait till conor holds 3 belts in the freaking UFC to stop doubting him.

Back