"3 round" Zabit doesn't deserve top tier opponents

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I didn't watch his fight, but I am disgusted to hear that he demanded only 3 rounds for his main event fight. I actually thought it was a joke when I saw this fight was only 3 rounds. I heard about this fight/event and some hype surrounding Zabit. I was busy so I didn't get to see it, but I assumed it was 5 rounds.

I get that this was a short notice change to the main event, but my god take some initiative and prove that you deserve top tier opponents. If you're too gutless to accept a 5 round fight, then you don't deserve elite opponents.

Honestly, Zabit should not be allowed to fight again until he accepts a 5 round main event to make up for this cowardly BS.

Stay quiet foo. If you hate Zabit so much then get him a top tier opponent in a 5 rounder.

Dude has undeniable talent and even with the suspect cardio hes still a very rare type of fighter.

Zabit did not demand 3 rounds, so your whole premise is dumb.

Second, it was originally a 3 round fight, and especially given that he was sick, why would he agree to a 5 round on short notice?
For the same amount of money, to boot?

They do this literally every time a 3 round fight gets rescheduled or a last minute main event comes together that isn't a title fight. See: Cormier vs. Silva

It wasn't the original main event so 3 rds makes sense even though I would have preferred 5. He could headline a fight night event against Rodriguez.

Honestly, Zabit should not be allowed to fight again until he accepts a 5 round main event to make up for this cowardly BS.
Kelvin should appeal his loss to Till since Till didn't do jack shit other than throw 3 leg kicks and 5 jabs while running away and clinching every time Kelvin closed the distance...
<Fedor23>

When I first saw his fights I thought he might be future champ. However, the better opponents he get the less convincing he looks. He got amazing skill set, but no power and no cardio to just go for 5 decision

he's def lucky that fight was 3. he was well on his way to getting slept.

They do this literally every time a 3 round fight gets rescheduled or a last minute main event comes together that isn't a title fight. See: Cormier vs. Silva

No.

Wonderboy vs Hendricks
Lineker vs McDonald
Whittaker vs. brunson

All changed from 3 rounds to 5 rounds on short notice. They let the fighters and their management chose between 3 or 5 rounds. Many fighters chose 5, many don't.

You can sympathize with whichever side you want. Personally, as a fan, I like the guys who are down to fight for 5 rounds because I think it shows championship level confidence. I understand why some guys would only take three rounds, though. Zabit's team clearly made the right choice

Zabit is ducking a 5 rounds fight.

He is the Floyd Mayweather of MMA.

His manager actually demands that his next fight be 5 rounds to shut up the idiots and haters

I didn't watch his fight, but I am disgusted to hear that he demanded only 3 rounds for his main event fight.
Being unwilling to tear up the existing contract for a 3 rounder to create a new contract for a 5 rounder several weeks before the fight is not the same as "demanded only 3 rounds for his main event fight."

It's just abiding by a contract.

For fuck sake, how is this not obvious?

That being said, yes, he may lose a title shot because he chose not to play ball. UFC often holds, uses and abuses that sort of power over fighters.

Last edited:
he will get the benefit of favorable match making just like colin, kabob and andy.

I didn't watch his fight, but I am disgusted to hear that he demanded only 3 rounds for his main event fight. I actually thought it was a joke when I saw this fight was only 3 rounds. I heard about this fight/event and some hype surrounding Zabit. I was busy so I didn't get to see it, but I assumed it was 5 rounds.

I get that this was a short notice change to the main event, but my god take some initiative and prove that you deserve top tier opponents. If you're too gutless to accept a 5 round fight, then you don't deserve elite opponents.

Are you dumb or deliberately spreading misinformation?

Volkov was the main event, his opponent couldn't fight, they made a late replacement fight with Greg Hardy and moved it to the co-main event, because asking Greg Hardy to have his first 5 round fight on short notice would be messed up.

Zabit's fight was originally the co-main (3 rounds), and got moved up to the main event. The game plan was for a 3 round fight, the training was for a 3 round fight. Why would you accept a 5 round fight on late notice given all these facts?

I swear the stupid is spreading.

Being unwilling to tear up the existing contract for a 3 rounder and creating a new contract for a 5 rounder several weeks before the fight is not the same as "demanded only 3 rounds for his main event fight."

It's just abiding by a contract.

For fuck sake, how is this not obvious?

That being said, yes, he may lose a title shot because he chose not to play ball. UFC often holds, uses and abuses that sort of power over fighters.

This is the Fox news era, where thinking and facts don't matter. All that is needed are `feelings`... coupled with a grade 1 comprehension of facts. Obvious isn't obvious, facts are just like opinions man..... I weep for society.

This is the Fox news era, where thinking and facts don't matter. All that is needed are `feelings`... coupled with a grade 1 comprehension of facts. Obvious isn't obvious, facts are just like opinions man..... I weep for society.

All the facts were at TS's fingertips, and he willfully chose not to contemplate them or even seek them out before forming an opinion.

The "proud to be ignorant" era.

No.

Wonderboy vs Hendricks
Lineker vs McDonald
Whittaker vs. brunson

All changed from 3 rounds to 5 rounds on short notice. They let the fighters and their management chose between 3 or 5 rounds. Many fighters chose 5, many don't.

You can sympathize with whichever side you want. Personally, as a fan, I like the guys who are down to fight for 5 rounds because I think it shows championship level confidence. I understand why some guys would only take three rounds, though. Zabit's team clearly made the right choice
They made the better short-term choice, but he can't ask for a title fight now and honestly zabit was badly exposed.

Zabit was well within his right to decline 5 rounds on 3 weeks notice after recovering from staph infection imo, when you know that cardio is your biggest weakness and you've done nothing to prepare for 2 extra rounds it probably isn't a clever move to go for the longer fight. Would've been a ballsy move tho.

If Edgar and Aldo plan on moving down and staying at bantamweight then that leaves the division's top tier fighters with less possible opponents. I agree that his next fight should be 5 rounds, I wouldn't wanna see him enter a title fight without experience but it should still be against a top featherweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back