3 months of mystery tackle box

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
For my birthday my wife got me a subscription for mystery tackle box. I'm 3 months in and am honestly astonished at how much great stuff I have gotten. They really do a spectacular job. Check it out.
Screenshot_20200112-121243_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200112-121300_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200112-121312_Gallery.jpg
The only things I wish were in there that I haven't gotten yet are a chatterbait and a whopper plopper. Still have 3 more months to go. So maybe in a future box.

Last edited:
For my birthday my wife got me a subscription for mystery tackle box. I'm 3 months in and am honestly astonished at how much great stuff I have gotten. They really do a spectacular job. Check it out.
View attachment 709339 View attachment 709341 View attachment 709343
The only things I wish were in there that I haven't gotten yet are a chatterbait and a whopper plopper. Still have 3 more months to got. So maybe in a future box.

eyJpdSI6ImVlMTIwYmYzZGYxZjkxZTQzZmFmZDE5YmRjOTU5MTBhNjRlMWU2YTg5NDBkYzcyZGM2NDE4MzRmY2E5ODQ0NmMiLCJ3IjoyMTAsImgiOjE0MCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

When I was a kid we had a Ubangi lure.

https://lurelagoon.com/products/allen-tackle-or-cooper-red-white-striped-ubangi

1015redwhiteubangi1_1024x1024.JPG

Generally it was only good for running the fish away cause it slashed so much.

One day I snuck into this property to try the pond on it, and took the ubangi.

Pond was very clear but full of snags.

Had almost got it all the way back across the pond on 1st cast, when a huge bass whipped up and snatched it.
tenor.gif

The bass took it down, then leapt up like a TV fishing show, shaking vigoursly, then when straight under a snag a busted the line.

It leapt up once more and I could see the lure still on the side of its mouth.
JumpingBass_5.gif

No more ubangi.

Had almost got it all the way back across the pond on 1st cast, when a huge bass whipped up and snatched it.
tenor.gif

The bass took it down, then leapt up like a TV fishing show, shaking vigoursly, then when straight under a snag a busted the line.

JumpingBass_5.gif

No more ubangi.
That's the worst. Sucks for you and the fish.

I feel for ya. Had a chatterbait go in a similar fashion.

tenor.gif

JumpingBass_5.gif

No more ubangi.

man I live by a quarry that is in the middle of a condo development. You have to live there to fish on it so it’s hard to sneak in and fish. It’s a natural quarry so obviously the water is super clear and it’s about 100 feet deep. I have seen some monster bass in the water but they are impossible to catch.

Smaller ones are easier but have yet to catch a big one there.

man I live by a quarry that is in the middle of a condo development. You have to live there to fish on it so it’s hard to sneak in and fish. It’s a natural quarry so obviously the water is super clear and it’s about 100 feet deep. I have seen some monster bass in the water but they are impossible to catch.

Smaller ones are easier but have yet to catch a big one there.

Night time is the right time?

That's the worst. Sucks for you and the fish.

I feel for ya. Had a chatterbait go in a similar fashion.

Didn’t fish as much this summer as usual but didn’t have any luck when I did. Actually lost more lures than caught fish lol

Night time is the right time?

Yeah we used to catch frogs at night or try to catch some of the huge catfish. The latter is tough because it’s so deep and there are cranes and train cars on the bottom so it’s easy to snag on something.

They have a full time security guard almost 24/7 because a couple people died swimming so it’s hard.

Back