3 min round gettin ready for fight

and the kid im sparring in that video, in black shorts is D1 state wrestling champion, he whoops my ass on the ground and wrestling every time. im taking a kickboxing fight cause every heavyweight in mass is scared of taking fights against heavyweights from our school. but have been able to find kickboxing fights. just wanna get my dick wet lol. been ittttching to get in there.

and the kid im sparring in that video, in black shorts is D1 state wrestling champion, he whoops my ass on the ground and wrestling every time. im taking a kickboxing fight cause every heavyweight in mass is scared of taking fights against heavyweights from our school. but have been able to find kickboxing fights. just wanna get my dick wet lol. been ittttching to get in there.

You keep mentioning wrestling like it's the same thing as striking. It's not and your experience in one doesn't give you experience in another. You still didn't answer my question how many years of just striking training so I'm assuming very little. You should train with more respect for striking. Learn to properly box

You keep mentioning wrestling like it's the same thing as striking. It's not and your experience in one doesn't give you experience in another. You still didn't answer my question how many years of just striking training so I'm assuming very little. You should train with more respect for striking. Learn to properly box
i been training strictly striking as long as i have been doing ground work lol.

your delusinoal if you see my striking and want to say its mediocre lol. i promise you wouldnt be saying that if you were standing across from me.

your delusinoal if you see my striking and want to say its mediocre lol. i promise you wouldnt be saying that if you were standing across from me.

That's kind of what I mean. Like just focus on straight boxing for 6 months to work your hands instead of training everything to do with MMA and hoping something sticks

i think im fine lol. and in no way am i in danger of "getting hurt" in a fight lol. think i have been hurt more in training.

talk about i need to work on my hands, defense, etc all you want but dont sit here and try to say im "gonna get hurt" lol. if thats you cody you might wanna take your own advice and go work on your boxing cause most of your wins were UD lol

i think im fine lol. and in no way am i in danger of "getting hurt" in a fight lol. think i have been hurt more in training.

talk about i need to work on my hands, defense, etc all you want but dont sit here and try to say im "gonna get hurt" lol. if thats you cody you might wanna take your own advice and go work on your boxing cause most of your wins were UD lol

You're asking people here for feedback then get defensive when someone is being honest. Your stamina and technique are questionable. I would recommend just taking point kickboxing matches to develop your striking style and technique more.

your not giving actual advice lol. no ones being defensive you just dont sound sincere. i guarantee you wouldn't've feel that way standing in front of me lol.

telling me to take point kickboxing matches is laughable.

Disagree mostly. He looks better than a lot of amateurs who fight regularly if he feels he's ready to fight then he's ready to fight. Composure is the most important thing in an actual bout, skills can get you so far but the ability to remain composed is one of the most important things. At no point in what I just watched did he look flustered or worried, he stayed composed and didn't fall apart. If I was his coach I wouldn't be worried about making a match up for him. I also disagree about the striking isn't like grappling, I know many people who took fights after only a few months of training and are pros now. You don't learn to swim without jumping in.

quality is shit for some reason but another video from cpl minutes from some time ago, guy with me is a 185er all muscle shredded af. i have better technique then him but hes a fucking beast. does not get tired. coach says on EPO jokingly lol

i do not lose my composure, do i need better cardio? yess, but im still chasing and walking you down.

fight is nov 18th for calvin kattars promotion

Congrats on the awesome weight loss! Some great points below.

Step back to create distance, or step forward to smother him. Or lean back and counter.
Gracie was right, control the distance, control the damage.​

You can't let people back you up too much. You have to hit them with a stiff right to make them fuck off, or clinch them.
Zero body momentum and forward force when backing up.​

Composure is the most important thing in an actual bout, skills can get you so far but the ability to remain composed is one of the most important things.

Best of luck from us all in your upcoming fight.​

Congrats on the awesome weight loss! Some great points below.

Gracie was right, control the distance, control the damage.​

Zero body momentum and forward force when backing up.​

Best of luck from us all in your upcoming fight.​
i appreciate that and have taken those things into consideration and working on them on sparring days. thats actual solid advice. will make yall proud ! thats a fact! you will see improvements by then.

i appreciate that and have taken those things into consideration and working on them on sparring days. thats actual solid advice. will make yall proud ! thats a fact! you will see improvements by then.

Sure thing. Training hard and learning from every battle is what makes the best fighters.

Lose this thought immediately. You could literally die.

okay and i COULD LITERRALY DIE everyday i get in a fucking car whats your point? im in no way shape more in danger in a fight then i am getting in a car every single day...yall weird. everything in life has risks no shit

okay and i COULD LITERRALY DIE everyday i get in a fucking car whats your point? im in no way shape more in danger in a fight then i am getting in a car every single day...yall weird. everything in life has risks no shit
i haven’t been anything but friendly so don’t be a dick. Kids die in amateur sparring and comps same as the pros. That’s all I was saying, but what ever man. Good luck

i haven’t been anything but friendly so don’t be a dick. Kids die in amateur sparring and comps same as the pros. That’s all I was saying, but what ever man. Good luck
i guess u right my bad lol

In addition to what DoctorTaco said, you do want to take any unnecessary punishment during your fighting career. Getting hard hits, concussions and knockouts can damage your health in your later years of life. Remember any decision you make, you need to analyze the rewards and consequences to your life and loved ones next day , 1 year, 5 year, 10 year, 25 year and to the end of your life. When we are young, we are naturally more risky in our actions and may have short term sometimes foolish goals. Many young people make poor decisions that harm them and loved ones to end of their lives. Some stuff you do, you cannot take back. Stay safe.

In addition to what DoctorTaco said, you do want to take any unnecessary punishment during your fighting career. Getting hard hits, concussions and knockouts can damage your health in your later years of life. Remember any decision you make, you need to analyze the rewards and consequences to your life and loved ones next day , 1 year, 5 year, 10 year, 25 year and to the end of your life. When we are young, we are naturally more risky in our actions and may have short term sometimes foolish goals. Many young people make poor decisions that harm them and loved ones to end of their lives. Some stuff you do, you cannot take back. Stay safe.

im with you 10000% on this but i rather say i lived my life and tried something i was passionate about then look back 30 years later and regret not giving it a chance cause it might affect me later in life.

life is short, but you also only have one. you gotta live it and pursue your passions regardless of the outcome.

Disagree mostly. He looks better than a lot of amateurs who fight regularly if he feels he's ready to fight then he's ready to fight. Composure is the most important thing in an actual bout, skills can get you so far but the ability to remain composed is one of the most important things. At no point in what I just watched did he look flustered or worried, he stayed composed and didn't fall apart.
Why should he "fall apart" in a controlled , safe medium sparring session? Doesnt make much sense, especially extrapolating from that to a fight. For that he would have to be ina hard sparring were mistakes are taken advantage of full force.(not that I want him to make a video like that, the less damage the better.)

You do this in most of your threads,. If you dont agree with someones critical opinion you insult them and play the "you wouldnt be saying that in front of me". Then dont post it on the internet. Most valuable feedback is always
the one we do not expect as its outside of our perception. Having different outlooks is why videos are posted. You could have asked him why he thinks its mediocre and gotten a few pointers . What is "mediocre" is also a question of
what level of skill is standard for him. You dont know that. No reason to be offended.

Why should he "fall apart" in a controlled , safe medium sparring session? Doesnt make much sense, especially extrapolating from that to a fight. For that he would have to be ina hard sparring were mistakes are taken advantage of full force.(not that I want him to make a video like that, the less damage the better.)

You do this in most of your threads,. If you dont agree with someones critical opinion you insult them and play the "you wouldnt be saying that in front of me". Then dont post it on the internet. Most valuable feedback is always
the one we do not expect as its outside of our perception. Having different outlooks is why videos are posted. You could have asked him why he thinks its mediocre and gotten a few pointers . What is "mediocre" is also a question of
what level of skill is standard for him. You dont know that. No reason to be offended.
ok thanks dad

Back