Movies 3 Favorite Leonardo DiCaprio Movie's?

3 Favorite Leonardo DiCaprio Movies

• This Boys Life

• What's Eating Gilbert Grape

• The Basketball Diaries

• Romeo + Juliet

• Titanic

• The Beach

• Gangs of New York

• Catch Me If You Can

• The Aviator

• The Departed

• Blood Diamond

• Shutter Island

• Inception

• The Wolf of Wall Street

• The Great Gatsby

• The Revenant

• Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

• Django Unchained

• The Man in the Iron Mask

• Body of Lies

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paul Rudd

Corona Virus InFeCtEd
@Blue
Reaction score
Honorable mention: catch me if you can

3. Inception
2. Once upon a time in Hollywood
1. Departed

The Wolf of Wall Street
Inception
The Departed

3. Wolf of Wall Street
2. Gilbert Grape
1. The Beach

Really struggle to buy him in his hardass roles. Like in Blood Diamond where he spent the entire movie slapping around a 6'8 shredded bipolar mandingo warrior

His performance in Giblert Grape is very underrated. Maybe even I underrate it by putting beneath The Beach but I love that shit

Last edited:
3. Wolf of Wall Street
2. Gilbert Grape
1. The Beach

Really struggle to buy him in his hardass roles. Like in Blood Diamond where he spent the entire movie slapping around a 6'8 shredded bipolar mandingo warrior

His performance in Giblert Grape is very underrated. Maybe even I underrate it by putting beneath The Beach but I love that shit
Have you read The Beach, by Alex Garland? I finished it just in time, prior to the movie premier, and really enjoyed it. Goes way more Lord of the Flies than the movie.

Gangs of New York
The of Wall Street
The Departed

Superb in all of them. Only saw Catch Me If You Can a year or two ago and was amazed at it.

1. Catch Me If You Can
2. The Aviator
3. Shutter Island

departed
revenant
wolf of wall street

My favorite Leo films overall are

Departed
Gangs of New York
Shutter Island

However, his best individual acting performances IMO are

Django Unchained
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
This Boys Life/Basketball Diaries

Leo appears to be hellbent on playing the lead in every biopic for every man who ever lived.

My favorite Leo films overall are

Departed
Gangs of New York
Shutter Island

However, his best individual acting performances IMO are

Django Unchained
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
This Boys Life/Basketball Diaries

I was just thinking his 2 best performances imo were with QT. He was the best part about Django imo and he stole the show in once upon a time in Hollywood. His performance with the girl on his lap and flipping out in the trailer were perfection.

Gangs
Departed
Wolf

I was just thinking his 2 best performances imo were with QT. He was the best part about Django imo and he stole the show in once upon a time in Hollywood. His performance with the girl on his lap and flipping out in the trailer were perfection.

Agree completely. The trailer trashing and both of the scenes with the little girl were perfection...but just about every scene he was in was commanding. Django the same, Leo and Waltz were so dominant in that movie that when their characters died and the movie dragged for another 30-40 minutes without them it really took the entire thing down a notch

3. Wolf of Wall Street
2. Gilbert Grape
1. The Beach

That and Basketball Diaries were his only legitimately great performances IMO. I thought he'd go on to eventually join the ranks of De Niro and Pacino after that, but everything since has been a disappointment. Literally every Scorsese film he starred in would have been better with a more suitable leading man. They were still good movies despite him, but will never reach the heights of his earlier work.

He sucks even in movies that are tailor made for him, like Catch Me If You Can. Come to think of it, his only decent performance in the 21st century is The Revenant. But Tom Hardy still acted circles around him.

Agree completely. The trailer trashing and both of the scenes with the little girl were perfection...but just about every scene he was in was commanding. Django the same, Leo and Waltz were so dominant in that movie that when their characters died and the movie dragged for another 30-40 minutes without them it really took the entire thing down a notch

Jamie Foxx was the wrong choice for Django. No clue who should have been the character instead but for me Leo and Sam stole the show for me. Leo had the best acting and Sam was hilarious. Reminded me of the guy from the Boondocks. I wasn't that impressed with Waltz. He was better in Inglorious.

3. Basketball Diaries - I used to love the crap outta that movie back when it was new. It had a real gritty, punk rock vibe to it. But haven't seen it in decades now and idk how it holds up. But I voted for it anyway.

2. Romeo + Juliet - haven't seen this one in decades either. But loved it back then. Not the romance stuff, but all the crazy crap and the insane world the characters lived in. I really dug that. All those nutty whip pan shots, extreme zoom ins on the guns with "sword" labeled on them, the crazy fight scenes. It was really weird, but cool (at the time). And the music was great, too.

1. Titanic - say what you will about it these days ....but it's freakin TITANIC! If you watched it in the theater back in '97, you'll understand. That was a mind blowing theater experience for me. I'd never seen anything like that before then.

It's extremely difficult to not pick either Tarantino film, but in the end the deciding factor was the role played by Leo personally .

Gangs
The Departed
Wolf

Back