Elections 28 Million Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in Last Four Elections

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...HZs21R7Od3_aI1EyEZn5WAq5oHVVQZFZezvFg5VIRXFEE

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.

This is precisely why some want to expand absentee ballots. It gives the department of elections the opportunity to harvest ballots and choose to count the ones that are cast for the "right" candidate. This is smart thinking by the Democrats. If you can't win elections on ideas, win them by cheating because maintaining power is the most important thing. Imagine how less often Democrats would get elected otherwise.

[Smart thinking meme inserted here]

Last edited:
Does this mean the person didn’t vote with their ballot or it was sent but didn’t get counted? Seems like the first one but maybe I misread.

Does this mean the person didn’t vote with their ballot or it was sent but didn’t get counted? Seems like the first one but maybe I misread.
It is probably a combination of both, but it's not clear what percentage of those ballots is one of the scenarios you referenced or the other. I do know that in close elections, Democratic districts tend to "find" a lot of missing absentee ballots in the nick of time that many find to be suspicious. This seems to shed some light on why that might be.

It is probably a combination of both, but it's not clear what percentage of those ballots is one of the scenarios you referenced or the other. I do know that in close elections, Democratic districts tend to "find" a lot of missing absentee ballots in the nick of time that many find to be suspicious. This seems to shed some light on why that might be.
Wow f this is really true. Incompetence mixed with corruption

It's the first one. OP appears to have not read the article before crying about a phenomenon he has no evidence of.

28 mil? That's not a small fucking amount.

I sent in a mail in vote by just drawing big foot on the back. They counted it as a vote for Hillary.

It's the first one. OP appears to have not read the article before crying about a phenomenon he has no evidence of.
Look who's talking.

There’s long been a consensus that such a practice incentivizes fraud, and ballot harvesting is illegal in most of the country. Public debate over the issue has intensified in recent years after a GOP operative in North Carolina was indicted for crimes related to ballot harvesting in 2018.

That same election cycle California legalized ballot harvesting, and observers say the practice played a key role in ousting several Republican congressmen in Orange County in 2018, a longstanding GOP stronghold in a state that has become very liberal in recent decades.

^These quotes were taken from the article linked in the OP.

Look who's talking.

^These quotes were taken from the article linked in the OP.

The first quote is a GOP operative ballot harvesting, which confuses me when you open the post crying about Democrats. See: An allegation with no evidence.

The second quote has a link that leads to an article with the following passage

There have been no credible reports of “ballot harvesting” being employed illegally or systematically to amount to election fraud. The Associated Press reported that Democrats have scoffed at theories of election fraud, and Secretary of State Alex Padilla was quoted saying that the laws don’t benefit one party over another.

Next time, maybe read the things you source.

I know there was a lot of controversy over that MN senate election a few years back with Franken. Was very close and a lot of arguing over what additional ballots could be added in the recount. It can complicate things if the procedure isn’t tight.

I've received an absentee ballot many times. However, I do not believe my ballot was counted.

Frequently, my ballot arrived:

1. The day before the election.
2. The day of the election.
3. After the election.

Clearly, in those three situations, my ballot was not counted.

In 2004, I wrote to the secretary of state of my home state. This person is in charge of "counting" the ballots. I asked why was it that polls close at 8pm, but absentee ballots were no longer collected after 5pm. I never received an answer.

in 2016, I was in my home town at the time. It was August and the conventions had been over for a little while. So, I went to the town clerk ans asked for an absentee ballot in person. They didn't have any printed. When I asked to speak to the actual town clerk, rather than the personal manning the front desk, I was told they were not in that day (it was Monday, later morning).

To most election officials, I'm convinced "absentee ballot"must mean "College students on the other side of the state" rather than "You mean we have constituents that live overseas?"

If I remember correctly, one of the issues of Bush V Gore was that many felt that absentee ballots were not being counted.

If it’s that, seems like that just gives us a statistics of who is still too lazy to vote even ignored given a vote from home option. If the ballots are made specific to the election that occurs on that date, I don’t see how them being unaccounted for would matter. The worry would be making sure the way they arrive is strictly monitored and the cut off date is clear so there isn’t ambiguity when things get close.

The first quote is a GOP operative ballot harvesting, which confuses me when you open the post crying about Democrats. See: An allegation with no evidence.
Because it demonstrates the potential of expanding absentee ballots (regardless of party). My reference to Democrats is because missing absantee ballots miraculously show up in Democratic districts every election year, and it is Democrats who are calling for expanded absentee ballots because they know they will benefit the most from the cheating that follows. It's a fact that you are fully aware of.

The second quote has a link that leads to an article with the following passage

That isn't relevant. The article my quote linked to showed that California legalized ballot harvesting (the purpose of which is to legalize cheating).

Next time, maybe read the things you source.
Dude, you are a charlatan who focuses on irrelevancies at the expense of the big picture (on purpose).

Because it demonstrates the potential of expanding absentee ballots (regardless of party). My reference to Democrats is because missing absantee ballots miraculously show up in Democratic districts every year, and it is Democrats who are calling for expanded absentee ballots because they know they will benefit the most from the cheating that follows. It's a fact that you are fully aware of.

I am? From your own source

Although there is no evidence that the millions of missing ballots were used fraudulently, the Public Interest Legal Foundation, which compiled the public data provided from the Election Assistance Commission, says that the sheer volume of them raises serious doubts about election security.

Do you know what "no evidence" means?

That isn't relevant. The article my quote linked to showed that California legalized ballot harvesting (which is legalizing cheating).

Dude, you are a charlatan who focuses on irrelevancies at the expense of the big picture (on purpose).

Fucking lol

You: California legalized ballot harvesting!

Me: There's no evidence anything illegal was done.

You: But I know they're cheating!

You: BUT THEY ARE! I KNOW IT! YOU'RE A CHARLATAN!

{<jordan}

If it’s that, seems like that just gives us a statistics of who is still too lazy to vote even ignored given a vote from home option. If the ballots are made specific to the election that occurs on that date, I don’t see how them being unaccounted for would matter. The worry would be making sure the way they arrive is strictly monitored and the cut off date is clear so there isn’t ambiguity when things get close.

I agree, hence why I'm so confused that OP appears to be crying about Democratic fraud with no evidence. He seems to be a real believer though judging on his responses.

It's even more stark when the article notes that lower income people are more likely to not have their ballots arrive due to moving. That's a bigger problem to me, but not because of fraud, moreso because of disenfranchisement. If ballots are arriving but being unused, that tends towards an undercounting of registered voters as opposed to overcounting. With how woeful voter participation is anyway, that seems like a far more effective vector to stealing an election. Just say we "lost" your ballot in the mail. Oopsie, we just cut the voting power of cities by 11%, our bad.

I am? From your own source

Do you know what "no evidence" means?
Yep. So, since the author currently doesn't have evidence of cheating, you are suggesting this means that there is none in 28 million missing ballots? We both know that isn't true.

Fucking lol

You: California legalized ballot harvesting!

You: But I know they're cheating!

You: BUT THEY ARE! I KNOW IT! YOU'RE A CHARLATAN!

{<jordan}

Yeah, I guess when you write the laws, and can legalize cheating, no crimes have been committed. You perpetuate a very simple view of things, even though you know the situation is not really that simple, and that does make you a charlatan.

^This will be ignored by 95% of people posting itt

Yep. So, since the author currently doesn't have evidence of cheating, you are suggesting this means that there is none in 28 million missing ballots? We both know that isn't true.

Source?

Yeah, I guess when you write the laws, and can legalize cheating, no crimes have been committed. You perpetuate a very simple view of things, even though you know the situation is not really that simple, and that does make you a charlatan.

Where is the evidence that anything fraudulent was done? Get off illegality for a second.

If a person's family can bring in an absentee ballot, why would it make sense that a person should not be able to bring in an absentee ballot for 50 people if the votes are certified? Use your big brain. If they were traced back to someone who didn't vote that way, or you had evidence of them disposing of "bad" votes, I would get it. But you don't. You're just casting aspersions on the process because the GOP lost.

If there's evidence of election fraud in the absentee ballot system, present it now. But even the initial article you posted said that they were worried about the risk, not seeing evidence of it being exploited. You don't appear to be using evidence to propose a solution to a problem, you're just crying.

Back