• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

214lbs Volkanovski manhandling someone during his rugby days

how can he be 5'5 and 214lbs... is that possible?

Used to fight at 205.

deron-winn-poses-for-a-portrait-after-his-victory-during-the-ufc-picture-id1292164016

Solid hit, he won the round with a takedown

I can't see him breaking 200 right there.

Hes still probably 200 …. Beastly little mental midget he is

how can he be 5'5 and 214lbs... is that possible?

Its actually very common, for smaller people with very poor diets. He looks like he's around 12% body far while practically everyone else that height and weight is around 45% body fat.

Guess he's a beast because...
*Weight Training
*Genetics
*A shitton of protein everyday.

Kinda crazy how solid he looks for someone that short weighing over 200 lbs

Where does this 214 pound number come from? He is nowhere near 200 pounds in that video or the one picture that is always floating around.

He's 5'5 - 5'6? That pic looks like a thick 190-195ish . He wasn't playing a cardio sport carrying 20lbs more

Doesnt look 214 lbs in that vid. Dont card what anyone says

Not sure about exact number, but rugby players are known roid users and those heavy roids for explosive power retain a lot of water.

I personaly know a guy who was on heavy gear - weighting around 245 with poor diets, but off the heavy gear and on the diet he leaned down to around 186

Another example Lee Priest used to compete at bodybuilding at 200-225 lbs and was an inch shorter than Volk, but he looked like this....

Lee_Priest_21y.o.jpg

That is what a huge manlet looks like.

Not sure about exact number, but rugby players are known roid users and those heavy roids for explosive power retain a lot of water.

I personaly know a guy who was on heavy gear - weighting around 245 with poor diets, but off the heavy gear and on the diet he leaned down to around 186

Yeah, but they will look bloated if they retain a lot of water. Volk doesn't look that bloated. A bit bloated, but not extremly. And I have no problem believing he could have been on gear back then. But at his size and being supposedly 214 lbs, you'd expect him to look a lot bigger.

Yeah, but they will look bloated if they retain a lot of water. Volk doesn't look that bloated. A bit bloated, but not extremly. And I have no problem believing he could have been on gear back then. But at his size and being supposedly 214 lbs, you'd expect him to look a lot bigger.

He looks more bloated than in UFC, tbh and he is with his shirt on

Perfect tackle technique for rugby league. He just went way to high with his lift and dump.
Perfect tackle technique except you'd get quite a few weeks on the sideline for a spear tackle like that these days. It would have been perfect technique back in the 80s before they introduced rules against spear tackles.
You can watch full replays of Rugby League grand finals from 1966-2020 here https://www.nrl.com/watch/finals/grand-final-match-replays/
It is quite interesting to see how common spear tackles were in the 70s and 80s and seen as good hard rugby league, how times have changed. I do agree they are insanely dangerous and probably good that they are banned. I was rewatching some of the grand finals from the 80s on the above webpage, and it's quite shocking how different today's game is in many ways, including 1. Heaps of spear tackles back then, and 2. The players look on average to be like 75% the size of modern players.

He looks more bloated than in UFC, tbh and he is with his shirt on

Sure. But not enough to basically be a HW at 5'5". This is Fedor weighing in at 220 for the Hendo fight.

fedor-emelianenko-17.jpg

Imagine Volk standing next to him.

Another example Lee Priest used to compete at bodybuilding at 200-225 lbs and was an inch shorter than Volk, but he looked like this....

Lee_Priest_21y.o.jpg

That is what a huge manlet looks like.

Priest is also at like 6% body fat there, though.

Make it 25%, and bam, he's 260 pounds.

But yeah, hard to believe Volkanovski was really 214 there.

Probably was 214 at some point, at his ultimate bloatpeak, but in those pictures and vids floating around, he's probably well below 200.

He could Easily weigh over 200lb in that footage. He’s built like a brick shithouse.

Trust me, he’s not playing front row even at that second tier rugby league much south of 195-200lb. He’s regularly tackling and getting hit by guys weighing up to 240-260lbs.

Priest is also at like 6% body fat there, though.

Make it 25%, and bam, he's 260 pounds.

But yeah, hard to believe Volkanovski was really 214 there.

Probably was 214 at some point, at his ultimate bloatpeak, but in those pictures and vids floating around, he's probably well below 200.

Sure, but he'd also look more massive (less shredded obviously) at 25% bf.

I think a lot of people really don't seem to understand just how much weight 214 lbs is for a tiny little frame, relative to the frames that are more usual to carry around that kind of weight, especially athletes.

Laughing at all the dudes claiming he's not 200 ish lbs in the clip.
He's shredded 160-170 range on fight night and is clearly way fluffier in all of his rugby clips/ pics.

I’m 6’2 and 209lbs …. I really don’t think Volk is 214 in that pic

I have seen some of the rugby clips of him but I have to be honest I don't believe he is 214 Ibs, especially considering he is 5'5''.. sure he is thicker, but I would say 190, give or take a few Ibs

Sure. But not enough to basically be a HW at 5'5". This is Fedor weighing in at 220 for the Hendo fight.

fedor-emelianenko-17.jpg

Imagine Volk standing next to him.

Fedor was tested in US and came clean.

Tellin ya, roid midgets can weight a lot...
maybe not 214p, but 200 on juice is pretty believable..

Back