2024 Toyota Tacoma

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thoughts on the new Tacoma?

Looks like some good upgrades - turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine produces up to 278 horsepower, 317 lb.-ft. of torque. Replaces v6 and torque is up from previous generation of 265. Electric power steering instead of hydraulic. Rear disc brakes instead of drum. 8 speed automatic transmission instead of 6.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/2024-toyota-tacoma-is-the-ultimate-adventure-machine/

2024-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-103-6463c866971e1.jpg

2022-tundra-trd-pro-interior-dash-008.jpg

• Available i-FORCE MAX turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder hybrid powertrain produces 326 horsepower, 465 lb.-ft. of torque.

Those are some good number for a small truck. I'm gonna keep an eye on them and maybe in 5 or 6 years pick one up. Love my 2015
20230519_214825.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice and I never hear anyone say bad things bout them.

Kinda wish I woulda got one instead of a Colorado

You should get one. Or a ranger. But not a Colorado

Is the paint gonna flake off after a couple of years under the sun?

I've been wanting a new Tacoma, and I've purposely held out for the new Gen 4. It looks pretty good.
<mma4>

I like that it's a 4 cyl with a turbo instead of a V6. And I like that they've gone to an 8 speed transmission over the 6 speed, though I'm bummed they didn't go with a 10 speed.

Anyway, I'll probably wait a few years to get one to make sure they work out all the kinks.

I love my 2012 GMC Sierra 1500, which I will probably drive for another 5 years or so and then pass off to my daughters so they are in a big safe vehicle when they are young stupid drivers most likely to crash.

I dig the Toyota trucks.

Bet they get way better gas milage. I will probably check out the Tundra, I like those.
Tacoma is the Ranger/Colorado size right?
Gotta see what is going on in my life when that time comes, see if I need to tow anything, but I will give the Toyota trucks a look, a test drive, etc.

Looks nice and I never hear anyone say bad things bout them.

Kinda wish I woulda got one instead of a Colorado

You should get one. Or a ranger. But not a Colorado

The only Colorado worth getting is the 09-12 LT3 package. The LT3 package had a v8.

Just keeps getting bigger. I like the older smaller one for the late 90s
I couldn't agree more. Why are these things so vast? I hate it when I see them in the UK. It might be alright in rural USA or Australia but having to navigate narrow roads when you've got some idiot driving one of these is just irritating.

I couldn't agree more. Why are these things so vast? I hate it when I see them in the UK. It might be alright in rural USA or Australia but having to navigate narrow roads when you've got some idiot driving one of these is just irritating.

I live in a big truck city. Its a huge piss off tbh. Ive gotten into it with multiple big truck drivers, mainly cause of the douche bag ways in which they park. Like if you cant park the damn thing, dont drive a vehicle so damn huge. Its best when i see a 5'4 lady get out of one, like she needs that ride.

I live in a big truck city. Its a huge piss off tbh. Ive gotten into it with multiple big truck drivers, mainly cause of the douche bag ways in which they park. Like if you cant park the damn thing, dont drive a vehicle so damn huge. Its best when i see a 5'4 lady get out of one, like she needs that ride.
It causes parking problems here too. The spaces in car parks can't accommodate them so they end up taking up a space and a half. If one parks next to you it's almost impossible to open your doors. Then the idiots can't get out of the space when they want to leave as they are too big to turn round. I just don't see any benefit to them.

It causes parking problems here too. The spaces in car parks can't accommodate them so they end up taking up a space and a half. If one parks next to you it's almost impossible to open your doors. Then the idiots can't get out of the space when they want to leave as they are too big to turn round. I just don't see any benefit to them.

They are assholes. I had a guy go into a tantrum cause i was taking a picture of his ridiculous parking job as he was coming back to his ride. He parked in a way that made it super difficult for me to get out. Then he starts getting upset that im taking a pic of his dipshit parking job like it was my fault for parking like a normal human.

77097265-EB6E-4F5E-B824-3FA3C471C6D1.jpeg My taco.

they great vehicles.

id wait a year for the redesign bugs…. that come with every new model to work themselves out and for sure snag one of these puppies.

Im still hoping cyber truck is real (not looking good)

but if you want a problem free affordable off-road truck that doesn’t lose any value this is a great vehicle to buy

But did they fix the frame rotting away issues or nah..?

It’s insane how quickly and easily they rust out.

Back