2021 ppv schedule

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC currently has only 3 champions booked, & that number will be down to 1 in just a little over a week. There are a ton of potential big fights on the horizon, have chance put together the best 6 months they've ever had:

UFC 257, 1/23/21:
Conor vs Poirier 2

UFC 258, 2/13/21:
Masvidal vs Colby
Usman vs Burns
Nunes vs Anderson

UFC 259, 3/2/21:
Jones vs Izzy (HW ala Fedor/Hendo)
Zhang vs Rose

UFC 260, 3/30/21:
Khabib vs GSP (165 or 170)

UFC 261, 4/20/21:
Stipe vs Ngannou 2
Volkanovski vs Ortega

UFC 262, 5/11/21:
Jan vs Glover
Valentina vs Andrade

UFC 263, 6/8/21:
Men's 135 Title
Men's 125 Title

You sure Jones vs Izzy is coming this early? I thought that Izzy was planning on grabbing the LHW belt first before facing Jones?
Otherwise the next year of events looks STACKED.
Dana sounded like he wanted to go ahead & give Glover the next shot. Jan is big risk little reward, while Jones is big risk HUGE reward. Maybe they save Jones for HW champ & go ahead with Izzy/Rob 2, but this is best case scenario.

The UFC currently has only 3 champions booked, & that number will be down to 1 in just a little over a week. There are a ton of potential big fights on the horizon, have chance put together the best 6 months they've ever had:

UFC 257, 1/23/21:
Conor vs Poirier 2

UFC 258, 2/13/21:
Masvidal vs Colby
Usman vs Burns
Nunes vs Anderson

UFC 259, 3/2/21:
Jones vs Izzy (HW ala Fedor/Hendo)
Zhang vs Rose

UFC 260, 3/30/21:
Khabib vs GSP (165 or 170)

UFC 261, 4/20/21:
Stipe vs Ngannou 2
Volkanovski vs Ortega

UFC 262, 5/11/21:
Jan vs Glover
Valentina vs Andrade

UFC 263, 6/8/21:
Men's 135 Title
Men's 125 Title

Those are some amazing cards you've put together there, but no way they wait 6 months for another bantamweight title fight. That division is too hot right now ...

Those are some amazing cards you've put together there, but no way they wait 6 months for another bantamweight title fight. That division is too hot right now ...
They're too logjammed not too as all the other champs have to be booked first. Plus 6-8 months seems to be the average timetable for title defenses anymore. 3-4 month turnarounds are basically unheard of anymore.

Izzy won’t fight Jones that soon, he wants it in a stadium with fans.

Kabib Vs GSP would be an awesome last fight for both of them.
however, if GSP wins then Kabib's legacy would take a huge hit. If kabib wins, people will say he didn't fight an in prime GSP. Still want to see this fight though.

Volkanovski is planning on fighting in January I believe

Volkanovski is planning on fighting in January I believe
I doubt any champ fights on the Conor card, & if they do choose 1 to invest in it would probably be Zhang.

A lot of the fights are interchangeable, Khabib has to be ufc 260 though with Ramadan starting April 12. Maybe they bump Volk/Ortega up to co-main that once instead.

Stipe vs Ngannou at the end of April......that's way too long to put that fight on. Should be Feb-March.

I doubt any champ fights on the Conor card, & if they do choose 1 to invest in it would probably be Zhang.

A lot of the fights are interchangeable, Khabib has to be ufc 260 though with Ramadan starting April 12. Maybe they bump Volk/Ortega up to co-main that once instead.

Well, I'd bet on volk fighting sooner rather than later. He even wanted to fight in December, but he had to wait because Kz/ortega and Yair/zombie kept getting pushed back.

Certainly looks incredibly promising. Despite it being such a crazy year, 2020 has been one of the best years I’ve ever seen the UFC put on considering the sheer volume and quality of cards, from PPV to Fight Nights. You really have to give them credit for pulling this off in a pandemic. They are lining themselves up to have a massive 2021 as well with potential matchups on the table. The organization is more rich with talent and depth than it has ever been.

Think you've almost got it, but:

Jan/Glover should happen earlier than May. March or April is a better shout.

Mas/Colby and Usman/Burns will not be on the same card. Too much ego to let either fight be a comain.

Jones/Izzy will not happen that early, Jon has to get a belt first

I see it like this

UFC 257:
McGregor v Porier (Lightweight Championship)

UFC 258:
Usman v Burns (Welterweight Championship)
Nunes v Anderson (Featherweight Championship)

UFC 259:
Blachowicz v Texeira (Light Heavyweight Championship)
Volkanovski v Ortega (Featherweight Championship)

UFC 260:
Khabib v St Pierre (Gimmick belt at 165)
Adesanya v Whittaker 2 (Middleweight Championship)
Zhang v Namajunas (Strawweight Championship)

UFC 261:
Miocic v Ngannou 2 (Heavyweight Championship)
Covington v Masvidal

UFC 262:
Mens 135
Shevchenko v Andrage (Flyweight)

At that point, Jones fights the HW champ, Izzy fights the LHW champ (provided he beats Rob) and if they both win then they meet in December with 3 belts on the line.

Banger lineup either way, hope nothing falls through.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

So many potential great fights, hopefully most of them actually happen.

Back