Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: Inslee and Hickenlooper out

2019 WR Democratic Straw Poll (Pick Up to 3)

• John Delaney (US Congressman MD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Islee (Former Governor WA)

• Marianne Williamson (Entrepreneur)

• Wayne Messam (Mayor Miramar, FL)

• Michael Bennet (Senator CO) *Hasn't decided yet*

• Bill DeBlasio (Mayor New York, NY) *Hasn't decided yet*

• Other (Please Post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Williamson is still in this? Fuckin' eh!

I fully endorse her getting ten more minutes than the rest of the field.

Williamson is still in this? Fuckin' eh!

I fully endorse her getting ten more minutes than the rest of the field.
She makes more sense than the rest of them, and I'm not even joking.

She makes more sense than the rest of them, and I'm not even joking.

Even I can't go that low. She sure is entertaining though. It just blows me away how she's made it to the debates. What's the criteria? I know she's got some money, but don't you actually have to have a bunch of donors and shit? Are people actually giving this chick support?

Even I can't go that low. She sure is entertaining though. It just blows me away how she's made it to the debates. What's the criteria? I know she's got some money, but don't you actually have to have a bunch of donors and shit? Are people actually giving this chick support?
She's famous. NYT bestselling offer. Makes sense to me that she could get 130,000 donors and 2% in at least three national polls.

As for making sense, at least she talks about the power of love to fix problems. So far I haven't heard her propose $100 billion to combat "redlining" or any other insane policy proposals.

Final List

Tuesday July 30th
Sanders
Warren
Buttigieg
O'Rourke
Klobuchar
Bullock
Ryan
Hickenlooper
Delaney
Williamson

Wednesday July 31
Biden
Harris
Castro
Yang
Booker
De Blasio
Bennet
Gabbard
Gillibrand
Inslee

I'm confident that Bernie and Warren will work together to win that debate as a team.

If by some god damn catastrophe they were to go after each other, I would abandon both.

I'm confident that Bernie and Warren will work together to win that debate as a team.

If by some god damn catastrophe they were to go after each other, I would abandon both.

The dynamic of each debate isn’t actually pretty weird cause you have one night with the two top candiates being farther left and the rest moderate and the other night the reverse. Biden and Harris already went at it so it’s would be weird to not see it occur more this time around.

The dynamic of each debate isn’t actually pretty weird cause you have one night with the two top candiates being farther left and the rest moderate and the other night the reverse. Biden and Harris already went at it so it’s would be weird to not see it occur more this time around.

That could be interesting optics if the Warren/sanders debate is cordial and policy based, and the other is shit flinging.

I think she pulls fairly heavily from the non-traditional voter crowd. Apparently she was on Oprah's "best of" list a couple times.

I have no doubt that she's a well-meaning person, and she's undoubtedly much brighter than the average citizen/voter, but she's pretty fucking clueless and some of her answers in the first debate were.....just bizarre.

I should have laughed at this for five minutes, but I did.

I think she pulls fairly heavily from the non-traditional voter crowd. Apparently she was on Oprah's "best of" list a couple times.

I have no doubt that she's a well-meaning person, and she's undoubtedly much brighter than the average citizen/voter, but she's pretty fucking clueless and some of her answers in the first debate were.....just bizarre.

I thought that she was crackpot after the first debate, but she came off really well during her interview with Dave Rubin.

She also totally embarrassed Rubin multiple times. (Not that it's that hard to do, but it was still fun to watch.)

Are we really going to the kiss grandkid on the lips well? Jesus Christ, people.

Live draw for the upcoming debates going on now on CNN. Not a true random draw. The top four polling candidates will be forced with two on the first night and the second night.

Night 1 (July 30)
Stephen Bullock
Bernard Sanders
Timothy Ryan
Elizabeth Warren
Jonathan Hickenlooper
Jonathan Delaney
Marianne Williamson
Amy Klobuchar
Robert O'Rourke
Peter Buttigieg

FYI, "John" is not short for "Jonathan." Why not "Tulsifina Gabbard?"

FYI, "John" is not short for "Jonathan." Why not "Tulsifina Gabbard?"
Amazing! I will edit that post accordingly. Thank you for your help, good sir.

From Wikipedia:

Because the name Jonathan is sometimes abbreviated as Jon, John is often incorrectly considered to be a short form of Jonathan. John comes from the Hebrew name Yôḥānān, whereas Jonathan derives from the Hebrew יוֹנָתָן Yônāṯān, which means "Gift from YHWH" and thus is a longer version of Nathan.

40b35b2ebce5456890de51b995bf8584_18.jpg

That's a lot of white people. How are the poc's supposed to compete against all that privilege lol

My girl Tulsi can tee off on corporate whores Biden & Kamala

They are betting on healthcare and not so much the economy other then to point out lack of wage increase is their plan to go after President Trump. They also want to talk about another thing that Republicans still plan on going after entitlements after the election. We already know that Warren, Sanders and Tulsi already have shown their plans for healthcare but Harris and now Booker yes that Booker have plans in the works. I am hearing signs from them in the talk shows specifically Harris who seems to be giving signs that she has plans in the works and Booker who wants to make some changes to drug prices while tweaking others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back