• W125 Shevchenko

• W135 Nunes

• W145 Nunes

Results are only viewable after voting.

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The question is simple; who do you think will retain, or win, a title by this time next year?

125 - Benavidez. I think CCC will relinquish/get stripped of his FLW strap, and he'll focus on 135.

Edit: Just call me the prophet.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/12...videz-vs-deiveson-figueiredo-for-vacant-title

135 - Yan. He's really impressed me, and personally I think he beats Henry when they fight.

145 - Volkanovski. He just lit up Holloway convincingly, and I can't see any current contender that is better than Max, Aldo and Mendes, all three of whom Volk walloped.

155 - Khabib. No one's taking that belt until he retires.

170 - Usman. He's already beaten the rest of the top 5 except Jorge, who will likely get ragdolled when they fight.

185 - Costa. I find Israel impresses me more with every fight, but after surgery, the natty goat is coming back to break his skinny body and take that strap.

205 - Jones. As much as it pains me to say it, no-one really beats Jon in the cage.

265 - Ngannou. Stipe looked a tad older and slower in the second DC fight, and I can't see a third one freshening him up at all. Big Frank via brutal KO.

W115 - Zhang. Jedrzejczyk is the better all round fighter, but Zhang is just too god damn powerful for anyone in that weight class imo. How she makes the weight is beyond me.

W125 - Shevchenko. Easily the second best female fighter behind Nunes, and that's a damn close second.

W135 - Nunes. Not really any contenders that are likely to stand a chance against her.

W145 - ^^^^^^

Anyone agree/disagree?

Last edited:
Bw: cejudo
Fw: Yair
Lw:tony
Ww: usman
Mw: Costa
Lhw: reyes
Hw:stipe

FW: Zabit
LW: Tony
WW: Kamaru/Colby 50/50
MW: Gegard (hope so)
LHW: Jon
HW: Jon

flw: Moreno
bw: Font
fw: Kattar
lw: Arman
ww: Neal
mw: Edmen
lhw: Cutelaba
hw: Boser

HW: Fedor
LHW: Fedor
MW: Fedor
WW: Baby Jay
LW: Baby Jay
FW: Baby Jay
BW: Aldo
FlyW: Benavidez

FW: Nunes
BW: Nunes
FlyW: Shevchenko
SW: Weili

Odd that I don't disagree with most of that, so just a few points...

Moraes may win via a size advantage, then again there are 3-4 people on the division that could be champ, not at all shocking. Shit is always tight.

I got faith in Nunes to make it through 2020 just fine. The woman that beat the shit outta Cyborg has intimidation factor > anyone, and she's got the size. Real question is, do they keep womens FW in general? Entirely possible they don't. What the hell is left for WMMA 135 or 145 if she plays it one way or the other? Spend a few months to the entire year setting up a champ line? meh =/

Khabib, lol. I could bring a gun at 6'1" 180, probably miss (with 25 years of shooting exp) and if I miss, I'd probably lose the fight. I'd have 40+ pounds, a gun, and I'd think maybe I could lose. That's pretty damn rare.

Jones can say all he wants about HW, but that will belong to Ngannou/Stipe until he actually takes a fight up there. Jones vs Reyes (similar size + frame tells me a lot about how his HW stint would go) Such a gift to have the length and reach despite what ya think of USADA and legal problems.

Don't think Adesanya loses unless he goes MVP mentality, dude is physically a nightmare -- barring some sick wrestling to shut him down. Agree Costa would be the one to take it as well.

135- Sterling
145- Zabit
155-Ferguson
170-Usman
185-Adesanya
205-JBJ
265- Big Frank

The question is simple; who do you think will retain, or win, a title by this time next year?

125 - Benavidez. I think CCC will relinquish/get stripped of his FLW strap, and he'll focus on 135.

135 - Yan. He's really impressed me, and personally I think he beats Henry when they fight.

145 - Volkanovski. He just lit up Holloway convincingly, and I can't see any current contender that is better than Max, Aldo and Mendes, all three of whom Volk walloped.

155 - Khabib. No one's taking that belt until he retires.

170 - Usman. He's already beaten the rest of the top 5 except Jorge, who will likely get ragdolled when they fight.

185 - Costa. I find Israel impresses me more with every fight, but after surgery, the natty goat is coming back to break his skinny body and take that strap.

205 - Jones. As much as it pains me to say it, no-one really beats Jon in the cage.

265 - Ngannou. Stipe looked a tad older and slower in the second DC fight, and I can't see a third one freshening him up at all. Big Frank via brutal KO.

W115 - Zhang. Jedrzejczyk is the better all round fighter, but Zhang is just too god damn powerful for anyone in that weight class imo. How she makes the weight is beyond me.

W125 - Shevchenko. Easily the second best female fighter behind Nunes, and that's a damn close second.

W135 - Nunes. Not really any contenders that are likely to stand a chance against her.

W145 - ^^^^^^

Anyone agree/disagree?
Costa? How? The body shots maybe?

2019 Champ reporting in.
125 - Deiveson
135 - Yan
145 - Volkanovski
155 - Khabib
170 - Usman
185 - Israel
205 - Jones
265 - Ngannou

WMMA who cares but fine: all remain champ.

HW - Stipe or Blaydes
LHW - Reyes/Jones/Santos
MW - Whittaker
WW - Jorge or Colby
LW - Tony or Conor
FW - Max

Wei li
Valentina
Nunes
Cejudo
Sterling
Volkanovski
Tony or gaethje (vacant title khabib retires)
Usman
Israel
Jones
Francis.

I see all the male champs staying the same.. the only 2 i see changing is Ngannou becoming HW champ and Yan becoming BW champ, all others will be the same I feel.

HW - Stipe or Blaydes
LHW - Reyes/Jones/Santos
MW - Whittaker
WW - Jorge or Colby
LW - Tony or Conor
FW - Max
You what? Bout the only one I'd agree with is Whittaker and that's more out of hope than anything else.

Back