• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 MLB Discussion: Trout scared of postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whit Merrifield has hit in 31 straight games dating back to last year. Just beat George Brett's record of 30 straight games on a bunt- it was legit, tied the game with Gore on 3rd.

Love Whit, but c'mon man Hit streaks dont span across seasons! If Whit goes like 10 more games with a hit I will consider the combined record a thing.

Lmfao at the Cangels sweeping the Brewers. They should go back to the NL where the competition is easier.

Whit Merrifield has hit in 31 straight games dating back to last year. Just beat George Brett's record of 30 straight games on a bunt- it was legit, tied the game with Gore on 3rd.

Love Whit, but c'mon man Hit streaks dont span across seasons! If Whit goes like 10 more games with a hit I will consider the combined record a thing.
They've tracked the wrap around hit streaks forever. It's legit. If he breaks Dimaggio's record, we'll get a lot of arguments, but I'm not worried about that when he needs a bunt to break 31.

I'm not comfortable with the M's playoff hopes unless they are 50 games above .500 in late July

Keep pitching well enough that we get something in a trade for you Shark

Last edited:
Congrats to Chris Davis on breaking the record. Sad that being the worst contract in the history of the game is his legacy. He was a really good slugger for about 4 years. Time to hang 'em up.

Fuck that. I'm enjoying it. I wanna see how bad it can get lmao.

I feel kinda bad for him, but then I remember he's raking in 17 million.

Fuck that. I'm enjoying it. I wanna see how bad it can get lmao.

I feel kinda bad for him, but then I remember he's raking in 17 million.
23 million on average. I think some money is deferred (like the old Bonilla contract), but it was 7 years $161 million. SMH.

If I'm being honest, I was all for resigning Davis at the time (he had just lead the majors in HR 2 out of the previous 3 years), but even I was like WTF at 7 years. I'd have given him more per year for 3 or 4 years (still would have been a total loss contract, but at least it would be over).

What i can't understand is how they planned on retaining Machado in the future. Like you're giving a slugging 1B that can't do anything else a billion dollars, and are now SOL when you gotta play the young prodigy in a couple years because your finances are finite

Maybe they knew they probably wouldn't be able to keep Machado around either way, but still, it's tough to think about

That Davis contract makes me feel better about putos

What i can't understand is how they planned on retaining Machado in the future. Like you're giving a slugging 1B that can't do anything else a billion dollars, and are now SOL when you gotta play the young prodigy in a couple years because your finances are finite

Maybe they knew they probably wouldn't be able to keep Machado around either way, but still, it's tough to think about
Maybe they were tired of Machado's dickhead antics and never wanted to try and keep him.

I mean, dude tried to "swing and oops it slipped" his bat at a pitcher.

He was the fielding version of that Ventura idiot from the Royals... always starting shit.

Lmao thugchados goat moment was when he threw his helmet on the field while dramatically falling on his ass cuz Donaldson “tagged him too hard”

To be fair - he hit like 50 HRs 2 out of the 3 years before he signed the deal and was "only" 29.

True. Even if deals don't work out, it was hard to imagine this kind of crash

Thugchado is such a good third basemen. I didn’t realize how elite his defense was until I started watching him every day. His arm is so damn strong.

Just came to see how it’s going down there 2 games out of first for all you Dodger fans.

Last edited:
You know a team sucks when the best thing analysts can say about them is that they've almost erased 8-0 deficits twice this season.

Atkins and Shapiro have completely destroyed the Blue Jays. I don't want to hear nothing about "rebuilding". This team flat out sucks, and this clown management is letting our best prospects rot in the minors. I believe their goal is to get attendance down below 5000 a game.

Best bullpen in baseball. Should trade like 6 arms at the deadline (yes, all of my posts/watching this year is for who the Giants can trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back