• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Happy Rodgers is around for the next 6 years and Hundley is gone. Writing was on the wall when new GM brought in Kizer, glad they were able to get something

Anyway not a bad half, QBs look good. I want to like Moore but he really needs to catch the fucking ball (this just happened so it’s fresh in my mind but it’s a clear trend)

Hopefully Jones is pulled. Dude really is our best back. I hope his PP is better than Monty's.

I really like Tonyan. Good body control and hands on him.

Boyle just put himself on the practice squad.

Kizer is horrible. Boyle is terrible. Our depth at QB is just awful. I still dont know why we picked up the least accurate QB last year and expect him to be better then Hundley(who also sucked) but damn this is bad if Rodgers goes down.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/passing.htm

Well, Kizer is a project and maybe potential trade bait down the road. Boyle has a big arm but needs a lot of fundamental work.

To be fair, this offense isn't designed for any other QB to succeed except for Rodgers. But that could change with the two tight end sets and better run game; that I'm expecting to see in 2018.

But I really don't see this offense ever really changing unless McCarthy is replaced.

Well, Kizer is a project and maybe potential trade bait down the road. Boyle has a big arm but needs a lot of fundamental work.

To be fair, this offense isn't designed for any other QB to succeed except for Rodgers. But that could change with the two tight end sets and better run game; that I'm expecting to see in 2018.

But I really don't see this offense ever really changing unless McCarthy is replaced.

Rodgers isnt a system QB, he is the best QB in the game, the roster isnt designed for anyone, all the other QBs we have are just terrible.
QBs should plug in and do somewhat decent IE Matt Flynn(got us a chance to go to the playoffs)
We said the same thing about Hundley being trade bait, but look how that went down (im personally not a big "what-if" guy)
Being a Packer fan i 100 percent hope im wrong, but this was a bad game for our QBs.
I do agree with you about McCarthy.

Rodgers isnt a system QB, the roster isnt designed for anyone, all the other QBs we have are just terrible.
Green Bay has been a draft and develop team for forever, QBs should plug in and do somewhat decent IE Matt Flynn(got us a chance to go to the playoffs)
We said the same thing about Hundley being trade bait, but look how that went down (im personally not a big "what-if" guy)
Being a Packer fan i 100 percent hope im wrong, but this was a bad game for our QBs.
I do agree with you about McCarthy.

Yeah, the problem for me is Rodgers is the system, or has been, the last 3 years. Drop back, no one is open? OK, roll out or scramble and throw a dart to someone when they do get open.

By the way, my stream cut out during the beginning of the third quarter. Just how bad was Boyle?

Nearly fell asleep in the 2nd half. Only thing of note was Scott averaged 52 yards and 5 sec hangtime on 4 punts, definitely his strongest game to date

Let’s get the season started, fuck Chicago

Yeah, the problem for me is Rodgers is the system, or has been, the last 3 years. Drop back, no one is open? OK, roll out or scramble and throw a dart to someone when they do get open.

By the way, my stream cut out during the beginning of the third quarter. Just how bad was Boyle?

He ended up throwing another pick, aired another out that should have been intercepted, and kept under-throwing balls.
"The undrafted rookie was impressive early, leading two straight touchdown drives, but struggled down the stretch and finished with 127 passing yards, one touchdown, and a pair of interceptions."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ggles-after-halftime-in-green-bays-33-21-loss

Pretty bad, everything unraveled when he started playing bad. At least when Kizer threw a pick he came back strong, he didn’t. Definitely a PS guy, not worried anyone is going to claim him. I like that Tonyan guy as well, perfect PS guy, don’t really feel that strong about anyone else on the bubble

Besides Kumerow who imo isn’t on the bubble <Rodgers1>

Kizer will be fine as the backup. During the season he'll have the first team offense at his disposal

Fucking rumor report bullshit....

“Because of the GODGERS extension that allows the Pack to sign Mack long term if they trade for him”

HOW?!

2a6rzbn.jpg

Facts

Lots of articles online saying the OLB position and depth is garbage , and they need to make a move over the next 36 hours ,Biegel has been horrid ,fackrell the same

Lots of articles online saying the OLB position and depth is garbage , and they need to make a move over the next 36 hours ,Biegel has been horrid ,fackrell the same
Bowman... NOW

EDIT:
I realize Bowman is an inside guy but it gives the team depth at LB just in general.

Fuck Barr, fuck his parents, fuck his kids, fuck his family... I want to find their graves and piss on them.

EDIT:
I hate Allison, I think he's a wasted roster spot and frankly a can. Dude has only really come through in the clutch like twice.

I still love watching him spin that shitbag Pacman into the ground on that OT catch and run.

EDIT 2:

Vid is time-stamped... I hope we can see Graham do this to a Viqueen this season.

Last edited:

Fuck Barr, fuck his parents, fuck his kids, fuck his family... I want to find their graves and piss on them.

EDIT:
I hate Allison, I think he's a wasted roster spot and frankly a can. Dude has only really come through in the clutch like twice.

I still love watching him spin that shitbag Pacman into the ground on that OT catch and run.

EDIT 2:

Vid is time-stamped... I hope we can see Graham do this to a Viqueen this season.

We have the Rodgers rule now, you cant drive a QB to the ground like that anymore.(only when they are considered a runner)

“Players will have to kind of roll to the side when they make that tackle instead of plopping down on them,” referee Pete Morelli said earlier this month. “So, yeah, [the] Aaron Rodgers [tackle] would be a foul this year. As long as he’s out of pocket, established, and all that. If he’s running, that’s not the same. When he’s a passer in a defenseless position,” Morelli said. “If you roll out and get set up, you’re still a passer now. But if you’re rolling out and throwing, and a guy is chasing you and tackles you, then you’re not defenseless. They get two steps and they can tackle you. Becoming defenseless is setting up [for a pass] again, pocket or outside the pocket.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-may-baffle-nfl-fans/?utm_term=.2da0bbec3e0d

"The NFL made only a slight tweak to the rulebook to make the new change possible. As noted by Pro Football Talk, the rule used to say "when tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down AND land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight."

The rule now gets rid of that bolded "AND" above and puts in an "OR."

"When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down OR land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...st-season-will-apparently-be-illegal-in-2018/

Last edited:
Back