2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Helps to have very important pieces on cheap or rookie deals

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

The new faces are making all the money

They're kind of in a bad long-term situation, but winning a SB makes a shaky future look very good

It is so frustrating though. There are so many teams that are loaded with talent, and then I look at the Packers and see a roster that pretty much sucks. How can this team have no cap space and no talent?

And it isn't like Rodgers is soaking up all the money. He is the 8th highest paid QB. Hell, he only makes like 5-6 million more than guys like Tannehill/Keenum/Bradford. Does GB overpay a bunch of shitty players? What is going on?

It is so frustrating though. There are so many teams that are loaded with talent, and then I look at the Packers and see a roster that pretty much sucks. How can this team have no cap space and no talent?

And it isn't like Rodgers is soaking up all the money. He is the 8th highest paid QB. Hell, he only makes like 5-6 million more than guys like Tannehill/Keenum/Bradford. Does GB overpay a bunch of shitty players? What is going on?
Perry and Matthews contracts both soak up a ton of space. I’m sure Bank and Bulaga don’t have small contracts either.

They drafted well and made shrewd decisions. Cobb wouldn't still be on the team and Clay wouldn't be making so much money

Also the Packers roster doesn't suck. The CB position specifically fuckin blows, as had recent coaching and leadership, but the latter has changed. The draft is for the former

That said if the CB position doesn't get fixed in the draft, then nothing will matter

Know something depressing? Last time this team had a top 10 defense I think was the SB year.

Since then it's been trash. HOW THE FUCK did Capers keep his job that long?

Know something depressing? Last time this team had a top 10 defense I think was the SB year.

Capers had some decent to pretty good defenses in 2014/2015. But like you said, they weren't inside the top 10. Capers should have been gone after 2014.

Apparently the 2012 unit was ranked 8th in DVOA, but they shit the bed in the playoffs against Kap. Not to mention the team blowing games against the Colts and the Vikings in week 17; didn't help with our playoff seeding. Notice I didn't bring up the fail mary game, lol.

And if the Pats somehow get Odell I'm going to be super fucking pissed.

Capers had some decent to pretty good defenses in 2014/2015. But like you said, they weren't inside the top 10. Capers should have been gone after 2014.

Apparently the 2012 unit was ranked 8th in DVOA, but they shit the bed in the playoffs against Kap. Not to mention the team blowing games against the Colts and the Vikings in week 17; didn't help with our playoff seeding. Notice I didn't bring up the fail mary game, lol.
That game is the sole reason that when I was working at the bar I wouldn't take shit from Pigeon fans.

You spill a beer on my shoes and I was bouncing your ass outside with the "you're too drunk" reasoning.

It was actually a huge reason why a fight broke out and I ended up choking out some dude because it was me a 2 other bouncers trying to break up a 10 person fight.

And if the Pats somehow get Odell I'm going to be super fucking pissed.
Odell couldn't survive with the rules Bill has. We all said that about Moss but Odell 100% couldn't do it.

Odell couldn't survive with the rules Bill has. We all said that about Moss but Odell 100% couldn't do it.

And they'd have to pay him.

Oh and fuck the bitch pigeons. Looking forward to Rodgers finally getting a win in Seattle this season.

Perry and Matthews contracts both soak up a ton of space. I’m sure Bank and Bulaga don’t have small contracts either.

Bak and Bulaga both have pretty modest contracts imo. Perry was a slight overpay, but he's still the best run defender on the edge in the league

Matthews is, and has been for some time, the worst value in the league. Matthews and Cobb getting the boot would clear up A LOT of money that is otherwise being wasted on their sorry selves.

Also, let's not forget that we're paying Martellus Bennet like 5 million this year.

Bak and Bulaga both have pretty modest contracts imo. Perry was a slight overpay, but he's still the best run defender on the edge in the league

Matthews is, and has been for some time, the worst value in the league. Matthews and Cobb getting the boot would clear up A LOT of money that is otherwise being wasted on their sorry selves.

Also, let's not forget that we're paying Martellus Bennet like 5 million this year.
We could NOT pay him if you know, he kicked the bucket.

Just throwing that out there.

I'm slightly annoyed we haven't heard any news about the Cobb restructure yet. We could actually straight up cut Matthews right now with ZERO dead money based on what I read. Granted, I'd like to see what he can do under Pettine but really think the team should look to have Biegel be over their more simply based on age.

Perry better not be a fucking ghost this year.

Small market where people don't bitch

Small market where people don't bitch

There also isn't the downward pressure of traditional ownership. Institutional turnover has always been more sluggish in GB because of the ownership.

There also isn't the downward pressure of traditional ownership. Institutional turnover has always been more sluggish in GB because of the ownership.
They're happy to make money and the people are happy to have something to do

The team prints money

DickRod gone to the Eagles on a 1 year deal.

Neva Forget:
9p8g5g.gif

So this is us freeing up roster space to make a run at this man right?

Love that the highlight starts with a block

Back