2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

And Patricia is better than Capers, i guess. But by how much? One notch? Is it realistic that they would be improved by bringing in a new guy?

It can't get much worse. It's a passing league and we were near the bottom in pass defense last year.

To blame Shields and Randall's injuries on Capers is a stretch at best. And anyway, what else should they have done than address CB in the draft and FA? Firing Capers or MM would just make it worse

Anyway the Gunt was unstoppable in the preseason so just be optimistic ok lol

To blame Shields and Randall's injuries on Capers is a stretch at best. And anyway, what else should they have done than address CB in the draft and FA? Firing Capers or MM would just make it worse

Come on man, this defense was shit long before last season alone. Before last year the offense would get ahead before the defense threw away the game. Only last year they were so bad they couldn't hold at any point during the game.

I roll my eyes at the people saying Packers fans shouldn't complain. We've been gifted two of the best QBs over thirty years and the organization has turned it into two Superbowls. In the last decade we've barely dipped into free agency. And let's be real here - Mike McCarthy would be coaching some random shit offense right now if it weren't for Rodgers. These messages sound like they came from Bears/Lions/Vikings fans.

I don't recall anyone shitting on Ron Wolf when he was here, and I always thought Wolf was doing his best to stack the team. You just can't say the same for Ted.
The running joke is that his son Eliot must be behind all these moves. Who knows

I'm also cool with him taking the reigns. It's gonna happen eventually, and I want it to happen while Raahgaahs is still youthful and healthy

The deadspin comment about free agency with Woodson, Peppers and Bennett, those are three signings spanning a decade lol.

I don't care that they don't spend big money on free agents. A lot of times that backfires and they're overpaid and stuck with them. My issue is not doing anything and forcing to have to rely on late picks and undrafted rookies from Random State and Never heard of him U. I like what they're doing this season though, go after stop gaps (Evans, Brooks) or capable players who couldn't fit their old teams scheme but fit yours (House, Dial). If they suck, who cares, they're on 1 year deals and don't affect your cap long term. Uncharacteristic which is why the Wolf conspiracy comes up lol. 7 free agents!

Not every player on your team is a pro bowler, but the less glaring holes the better and an experienced veteran or two helps. That's what he should have been doing especially given all the extra space they always have. You don't win trophies for "least dead money from a half decent team"

That being said, yeah some personel decisions seem like fucking bass ackwards mistakes. How Don Barclay still has a job is fucking beyond me

Thankfully he's on IR

Fuck Capers though. Look at the teams throughout the years. Best defenses were SB win and a fluke loss 1 game before it thanks to a dumbass trying to be a hero. Every other playoff loss is the defenses fault

On a positive note, Taylors extension was pretty cheap. Like the recent signings. PS doesn't look bad, only player from the draft that isn't a Packer currently is Dupree the last pick and I'd rather have kept Clark anyway.

Now it's time to shut down China Food and hopefully have another Seattle beatdown at Lambeau

While I agree that the defense has been extremely lacking since the 2010 SB run, you can't deny the narrative of "Wasting Rodgers' prime" is a lot different if GB doesn't blow it in Seattle in 2014.

As for who is really pulling the strings behind all these FA signings; this explains pretty much everything:

L5AkhhA.png

Capers has GOTS TO GO though. Dude couldn't scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.

It'd just be "blitz all, zone coverage one area leaving hte other 95% open" all the time.

Don't forget, never cover the opponents number one receiver!

Don't forget, never cover the opponents number one receiver!
To be fair the Viqueens did that to Jordy. Was lulzy, my fantasy team with him I had like 30 points from him all in the first two quarters.

Love the Brooks and Dial pickups. Dial is a big motherfucker, that dline is going to be solid

It's time boys!!!!'n

GO PACK GO!

please defense show up this year!!!!

Here's to Mike Daniels stonewalling the fuck out of Lacey on his first carry.

#FuckTheHawks

Man if Aaron is as dialed in for the season as he was for these new State Farm commercials, we could go 16-0

Back