2017 EU Terrorism Report - Leftwing extremists and Muslims are extremely overrepresented

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
In 2016, a total of 142 failed, foiled and completed attacks were reported by eight EU Member States. More than half (76) of them were reported by the United Kingdom. France reported 23 attacks, Italy 17, Spain 10, Greece 6, Germany 5, Belgium 4 and the Netherlands 1 attack. 142 victims died in terrorist attacks, and 379 were injured in the EU.

Most arrests were related to jihadist terrorism, for which the number rose for the third consecutive year. (Europe has never been safer)

Facts:

* 379 injured
* 142 killed
* Leftwing extremists committed 27 terrorist acts (increased with 100% since 2015).
* Rightwing extremists committed 1 terrorist act.
* The deadliest attacks were committed by Muslims (accounting for 374/379 injured and 135/142 killed)

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsr...ted-attacks-1002-arrests-and-142-victims-died

Link to the report

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/tesat2017.pdf

Do they even count them as terrorist if they aren't affiliated with ISIS or some other extremist group?
That guy that ran over people in London for example, how is that classified?

This is just curiosity I don't really care much about this stuff.

Do they even count them as terrorist if they aren't affiliated with ISIS or some other extremist group?
That guy that ran over people in London for example, how is that classified?

This is just curiosity I don't really care much about this stuff.
This is how they classify:

The definition of the term ‘terrorist offences’ is indicated
in Article 1 of the Council Framework Decision of 13
June 2002 on combating terrorism (2002/475/JHA),
which all EU Member States have implemented in their
national legislation. This Framework Decision specifies
that terrorist offences are intentional acts which, given
their nature or context, may seriously damage a country
or an international organisation when committed with
the aim of: seriously intimidating a population, or unduly
compelling a government or international organisation to
perform or abstain from performing an act, or seriously
destabilising or destroying the fundamental political,
constitutional, economic or social structures of a country or
an international organisation.

Hold your horses Islamophobe, facts are for bigots. There have been zero Islamic terror attacks because as we all know, these people are not real Muslims and have nothing to do with Islam. Checkmate racists.

Muslims responsible for near all terror deaths and injuries no way.

What will the apologist say.

Facts:

* 379 injured
* 142 killed
* Leftwing extremists committed 27 terrorist acts (increased with 100% since 2015).
* Rightwing extremists committed 1 terrorist act.
* The deadliest attacks were committed by Muslims (accounting for 374/379 injured and 135/142 killed)

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsr...ted-attacks-1002-arrests-and-142-victims-died

Link to the report

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/tesat2017.pdf
Thanks for sharing this but there typically isn't a lot of response to threads like this.
I already posted crime stats from single European countries, those threads disappear rather quickly.
Jokes about right-winger's fear-mongering and long explanations on how problems in Europe are only a pipedream of bigots continue though :cool:

Thanks for sharing this but there typically isn't a lot of response to threads like this.
I already posted crime stats from single European countries, those threads disappear rather quickly.
Jokes about right-winger's fear-mongering and long explanations on how problems in Europe are only a pipedream of bigots continue though :cool:

ohh which nations ? links?

why not just make one large thread and update with new info ?

Hold your horses Islamophobe, facts are for bigots. There have been zero Islamic terror attacks because as we all know, these people are not real Muslims and have nothing to do with Islam. Checkmate racists.

Facts are a tool of phallocentric patriarchies.

I think the issue is how different stats are counted in European countries. In the stat from TS you had one terrorist attack from right wingers.
In Germany, for example, we had over 800 attacks on refugee housing in 2016.
Now is that a terrorist act? I don't know.
But if you throw a molotov cocktail at a house because you disagree with the government decision to house refugees there, sounds like terrorism to me.
http://www.taz.de/!5370050/
That's not me defending the left or Islam I strongly dislike them. But that doesn't mean we should be fooled into thinking there is no danger from the far right wing.

I think the issue is how different stats are counted in European countries. In the stat from TS you had one terrorist attack from right wingers.
But if you throw a molotov cocktail at a house because you disagree with the government decision to house refugees there, sounds like terrorism to me.
That's not me defending the left or Islam I strongly dislike them. But that doesn't mean we should be fooled into thinking there is no danger from the far right wing.
How do you know it was right wing

Aren't ISIS technically a right-wing group?
They tick almost all right-wing tropes

Only counting bombings and shootings as terrorism is far from optimal.
But as soon as you roll with 'physical violence or threat thereof out of political or religious motivation' without further distinction your stats become meaningless rather quickly.
Then you end up with those kinds of statistics which say "most terrorism actually comes from the right!!!!" and when you look at the list it equates bombings and organised mass shootings in the name of Jihadism with skinheads spitting on refugees, showing Hitler salutes (intimidation) or regular brawls/assaults as soon as extremists are involved.

However, the problem with crimes committed by immigrant and/or refugees and the danger of Jihadism can be seen without comparison to other types of violence, I haven't really seen crime stats from Europe which make Arabs look like they're doing well, as soon as they categorise perpetrators by Ethnicity, you have similar results everywhere.
But I agree, some things like throwing actual Molotovs should be seen as an attempted terror attack as well if it's motivated by political views. Then, on the other hand, how do you even count the "terrorist attacks" by far-left groups in France or Greek where molotovs are thrown left and right at police officers?

How do you know it was right wing

They differentiate between Right, left and the refugees did it themselves crimes.
I mean say about the Germans what you want but they sure like taking statistics.
They might represent them beneficial to their cause but the naked numbers from BKA (German police statistics) don't lie.

Aren't ISIS technically a right-wing group?
They tick almost all right-wing tropes

all religions are conservative.

left wingers are so mentally fucked up that they are helping the most extremist right wing conservative antifeminism culture in the world, islam.

They differentiate between Right, left and the refugees did it themselves crimes.
I mean say about the Germans what you want but they sure like taking statistics.
They might represent them beneficial to their cause but the naked numbers from BKA (German police statistics) don't lie.

Lets keep terrorist attacks as the norm and not a round of fisticuffs.

Only counting bombings and shootings as terrorism is far from optimal.
But as soon as you roll with 'physical violence or threat thereof out of political or religious motivation' without further distinction your stats become meaningless rather quickly.
Then you end up with those kinds of statistics which say "most terrorism actually comes from the right!!!!" and when you look at the list it equates bombings and organised mass shootings in the name of Jihadism with skinheads spitting on refugees, showing Hitler salutes (intimidation) or regular brawls/assaults as soon as extremists are involved.

However, the problem with crimes committed by immigrant and/or refugees and the danger of Jihadism can be seen without comparison to other types of violence, I haven't really seen crime stats from Europe which make Arabs look like they're doing well, as soon as they categorise perpetrators by Ethnicity, you have similar results everywhere.
But I agree, some things like throwing actual Molotovs should be seen as an attempted terror attack as well if it's motivated by political views. Then, on the other hand, how do you even count the "terrorist attacks" by far-left groups in France or Greek where molotovs are thrown left and right at police officers?

Yeah, slightly off topic I don't really know how to word it but in my personal opinion, there is difference betwen political violence/terrorism.
Like you try change the political direction of the Fatherland by your actions.
That kind of stuff has a long tradition in Germany and we can't really complain about it. Because we caused it. Just have to deal with it.

And Islamic terrosim. Different kind of terrorism like they do it for the promise of an afterlife in heaven. Not because they personaly believe its the neccesary thing do to. If they didn't know about Islam they wouldn't have come to the conclusion to blow themselves up.
Also, has nothing to do with Germany. That issue should have never come to us.

all religions are conservative.

left wingers are so mentally fucked up that they are helping the most extremist right wing conservative antifeminism culture in the world, islam.

How exactly are the left "helping" ISIS? By not generalizing and condemning every single muslim for someone else's actions?

If anything, the right wing has done more to help ISIS than those lunatics could ever hope for

Back