NCAA Wrestling

Chamizo got flat out “out freestyled” <Moves><45>
By Dake. The irony is.. well I’ll leave it that.

Cant wait for excuses

The point? Chamizo was able to train at a full facility with multiple training partners and has Valentine, one of the best coaches in the world, as a personal coach. Dake was training in his garage.

You have more than lived down to my expectations.

The best part about the freestyle gut wrench. It wasn’t off a transition. Dake got the reversal, attempted the high gut. Chamizo defended. Dake reset, and locked up and hit a textbook freestyle gut wrench on one of the best Par Tarre defense wrestlers in the last 10 years.

Finally just saw Chamizos post match interview. The dude literally took the match with the weight excuse ready to go if he lost.

Though it explains grappler111s stages of grief. Sees Chamizo gutted and out freestyled. Nearly has an aneurism sewing a ‘Mercian do the mystical holy freestyle. Then watches Chamizos post interview. “Whew an excuse ready to go”

I think Sidakov wins the match with Dake. He is better defensively, although he can get reckless sometimes. But his hand-fighting is much better than Chamizo's, kind of why Burroughs struggles constantly attack him.

But I think Burroughs beats Dake in 3 matches.

Taylor vs. Sadulaev is an interesting proposition.. but Sadulaev techs him at 92, or 97. Not sure about at 86.

I want to see Rashidov vs. Yianni though.

I think Sidakov wins the match with Dake. He is better defensively, although he can get reckless sometimes. But his hand-fighting is much better than Chamizo's, kind of why Burroughs struggles constantly attack him.

But I think Burroughs beats Dake in 3 matches.

Taylor vs. Sadulaev is an interesting proposition.. but Sadulaev techs him at 92, or 97. Not sure about at 86.

I want to see Rashidov vs. Yianni though.
Rashidov and Sidakov have amazing underhooks. It’s glorious to watch

Rashidov and Sidakov have amazing underhooks. It’s glorious to watch
It is basically the specialty technique/position of the Russian team; underhook to throw-by/single leg. Sidakov, Baev, Rashidov, Uguev, Tuskaev, Naifonov and Sadulaev (he did it before), all do it perfectly. It is beautiful.

I can do the technique reasonably well, but they make it look so effortless and easy - especially Sidakov, Rashidov's is more powerful though and he can run guys down with it.

Finally just saw Chamizos post match interview. The dude literally took the match with the weight excuse ready to go if he lost.

Though it explains grappler111s stages of grief. Sees Chamizo gutted and out freestyled. Nearly has an aneurism sewing a ‘Mercian do the mystical holy freestyle. Then watches Chamizos post interview. “Whew an excuse ready to go”
Dake was the better wrestler of course. I'm still think that in the Olympic weight Chamizo has a better chance. Two World class wrestlers.

Flowrestling can improve the audience with two new points
1) Woman freestyle.
2) Double match in freestyle and Pankration (UWW ruleset) between wrestlers with ufc aspirations.

I’ve been lurking on themat a bunch since the Downey thing started. Does anyone actually know who LBJ is or what state he’s from?

and has anyone ever actually seen him directly answer a question about wrestling that isn’t evasive or tries to use an insult to distract from it?

I mean it’s obvious he’s a wrestling dad lol.

I’ve been lurking on themat a bunch since the Downey thing started. Does anyone actually know who LBJ is or what state he’s from?

and has anyone ever actually seen him directly answer a question about wrestling that isn’t evasive or tries to use an insult to distract from it?

I mean it’s obvious he’s a wrestling dad lol.

All I know is that guy has a hard on for HuskerDu big time.

Don't necessarily agree with this take as I think if healthy 2024 will be Dakes year but it got me thinking who is the best American wrestler not to make the Olympics?

Lee Kemp has to be the most obvious getting screwed with the 1980 Boycott as he was the 2 time reigning World Chamo.

2 HWTs that come to mind are Haselrig and Stephen Neal. Not sure how much effort he Haselrig gave the Senior circuit before going to football but it made sense with Big Bruce in front of him and no money in the sport.

Neal won a World title in hist first try but couldn't get past McCoy in 2000, afterwards he went the NFL rout as well.

HM to Cole Konrad and maybe Rowlands.

Logan Steiber has 4 NCAA titles and a World gold. The definition of a tweener.

Brandon Eggum has a Silver.

James Green has a Silver and. Bronze and is another tweener.

Not including DT because unless he gets injured before OTT it looks like he's going to walk through the trials. Maybe Zahid can give him a match though.

who is the best American wrestler not to make the Olympics?

Lee Kemp has to be the most obvious getting screwed with the 1980 Boycott as he was the 2 time reigning World Chamo.

2 HWTs that come to mind are Haselrig and Stephen Neal. Not sure how much effort he Haselrig gave the Senior circuit before going to football but it made sense with Big Bruce in front of him and no money in the sport.

Neal won a World title in hist first try but couldn't get past McCoy in 2000, afterwards he went the NFL rout as well.

HM to Cole Konrad and maybe Rowlands.

Logan Steiber has 4 NCAA titles and a World gold. The definition of a tweener.

Brandon Eggum has a Silver.

James Green has a Silver and. Bronze and is another tweener.

Not including DT because unless he gets injured before OTT it looks like he's going to walk through the trials. Maybe Zahid can give him a match though.
I think Metcalf is up there. Incredible NCAA career, made several senior world teams, silver at the Yarygin, etc.

Alan Fried was incredible. NCAA, Espoir World's, World Cup, and Schultz champion.

TJ Williams was one of the best wrestlers on the domestic scene for a whole. Royce Alger 2x NCAA champ and world silver. Not quite as credentialed as the others but damn good was Sean Bormet.

Back