Elections 2016 Democratic/GOP Super Tuesday Primary Thread

Who wins the most delegates in their party on Super Tuesday? (Pick one for each party)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad he mentioned #5 because that's still the biggest factor. It kinda envelops #2 as well. And yeah, blacks supported the crime bill- or at least didn't vocally oppose it- at the time and that's one of the reasons they hold Bill's administration so fondly.

#1 and #4 are non-issues, IMO.Ok, blacks aren't as socially liberal as liberal whites but Bernie and Hillary are in the same exact boat in this regard. If Bernie being secular, pro-gay, pro-marijuana legalization is too liberal, then Hillary's too liberal as well! Ok, maybe legalizing marijuana isn't big with Hillary but that's not even close to being a major issue.

Again, the major factor is the great regard blacks in general have for the Clintons. Only the realistic prospect of a giant historical achievement like having a black president in 2008 could derail that support. Bernie can't begin to compare.

Sure if you are saying they love the Clinton brand and don't put that much stock into the Bern's further left positions for reasons of their political culture rather than ignorance , I would say you are on point.

LOL ok fair enough you said please :)

As an aside I saw this today from the WSJ

"In an intriguing voting pattern on Super Tuesday that could provide clues to races to come, Republican businessman Donald Trump dominated in economically challenged cities while former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attracted sizable support among Democrats in cities where incomes are relatively high, and unemployment is relatively low.

These results emerged from an analysis of early county-level voting results by The Wall Street Journal of 23 economically challenged cities based on median income and unemployment levels, as well as 34 cities whose economies are comparatively strong by those markers."

I find the argument strange that some are making in this thread (not attributing to Anung) that Hillary is getting votes from the poor because they are dumb and the rich because the are afraid of tax cuts. Either she appeals to the educated wealthy voters with high IQs or she does not. Also absent is any gimmick she using like race to bamboozle the poor, she is just Bernie light.

Actually, that narrative plays into the low iq white voter narrative that the gop has been exploiting for years.
Poor white people voting for Trump because he's going to make America great again. Ask them how and they'll answer "obama". :D

And I was seriously trying to be polite, I just have said "mistaking my point" instead of strawmanning, because the one implies intend, which I know wasn't the case.

This is a great piece on the issue.
http://www.fastcompany.com/3057369/how-bernie-sanders-lost-the-black-vote-long-before-super-tuesday

Actually, that narrative plays into the low iq white voter narrative that the gop has been exploiting for years.
Poor white people voting for Trump because he's going to make America great again. Ask them how and they'll answer "obama". :D

And I was seriously trying to be polite, I just have said "mistaking my point" instead of strawmanning, because the one implies intend, which I know wasn't the case.

This is a great piece on the issue.
http://www.fastcompany.com/3057369/how-bernie-sanders-lost-the-black-vote-long-before-super-tuesday

No worries dude I took no offense at all, ever.

Yes I read the article last night when I dropped my "sanders did not win even blacks even in his own state line" :)

Some good quotes

"Sanders’s and Clinton’s platforms bear a striking resemblance to one another—perhaps one that’s too similar for Sanders to have really set himself apart."

And for you

"If there’s anything that does set Sanders apart in this regard and gives him an advantage among young black voters, it’s the widespread perception—fair or not—of Hillary as a political insider and member of the Washington establishment elite that is especially damaging to her credibility on issues of social justice facing black communities."

So the real question that will settle this is.......

CAN BERNIE RAP ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Feel the burn of the political churn
Sanders in the house or the funeral urn?????

Ok I am going to bed......too white

No worries dude I took no offense at all, ever.

Yes I read the article last night when I dropped my "sanders did not win even blacks even in his own state line" :)

Some good quotes

"Sanders’s and Clinton’s platforms bear a striking resemblance to one another—perhaps one that’s too similar for Sanders to have really set himself apart."

And for you

"If there’s anything that does set Sanders apart in this regard and gives him an advantage among young black voters, it’s the widespread perception—fair or not—of Hillary as a political insider and member of the Washington establishment elite that is especially damaging to her credibility on issues of social justice facing black communities."

So the real question that will settle this is.......

CAN BERNIE RAP ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Feel the burn of the political churn
Sanders in the house or the funeral urn?????

Ok I am going to bed......too white

Grand master Bern FTW!!!

He'll get pilloried by Hillary, and then hit the distillery.

Ok I promise I'll stop....

Sure if you are saying they love the Clinton brand and don't put that much stock into the Bern's further left positions for reasons of their political culture rather than ignorance , I would say you are on point.

I'm saying they love the Clinton brand just as much as all other Clinton supporters of other races.

I really don't think very many Clinton supporters are actually turned off by Bernie's positions. These are STANDARD issues that liberals/progressives have been whining about for years. For example, I don't think they're going around saying, "Single payer? Fuck that, that guy's crazy!" (this may be different for actual Democratic politicians though).

A lot of them simply like Hillary and the Clintons, and some strange, old guy with undeniably more progressive positions just doesn't cut it. Blacks are a big part of this group.

I'm saying they love the Clinton brand just as much as all other Clinton supporters of other races.

I really don't think very many Clinton supporters are actually turned off by Bernie's positions. These are STANDARD issues that liberals/progressives have been whining about for years. For example, I don't think they're going around saying, "Single payer? Fuck that, that guy's crazy!" (this may be different for actual Democratic politicians though).

A lot of them simply like Hillary and the Clintons, and some strange, old guy with undeniably more progressive positions just doesn't cut it. Blacks are a big part of this group.

ok well we 50% agree then

Back