2016 Bellator is gonna be insane

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As much as people say Bellator hates wrestlers and is only looking towards the right now, they continually sign top wrestlers and are locking down top prospects before they even debut.

2016 should mark the Bellator Debuts of Aaron Pico, Ed Ruth, and Fortune, plus whatever is going on in their roster at that point. Will be cool to see what it looks like in a few years with the influx of talent.

We'll see if Bellator even exists in a few years. I wouldn't bet money on it.

We'll see if Bellator even exists in a few years. I wouldn't bet money on it.

what makes you think they won't exist? you think a buyout from like the ufc or viacom will just fold it? are they losing money for spike/viacom?

to me it looks like just the opposite as in Bellator looks like they are rebuilding like a sports team who knows they can't contend right now with their roster and are looking at the future with all of these prospect signings and they add a few guys like Kimbo to garner enough interest in the meantime to keep an audience, kind of like when the timberwolves traded for garnett just to sell a few more tickets.

you never know though, to me pride and strikeforce selling came out of nowhere and had me shocked.

2016? I think with those dudes it's more like 2019. How often do wrestlers like that come in and are fun to watch? They tend to wrestle while their hands grow. And eventually they become bangers later.

Not sure how much they invested in these guys but I assume they will get their starts on the prelims. So 2016 is a very generous time frame.

Think we got several years before these guys start to turn corners. Which is fine, cool to see them taking chances.

Ed Ruth was a beast of a wrestler

Hard to imagine him being a good fighter, prolly gonna turn into the next Phil Davis

2016? I think with those dudes it's more like 2019. How often do wrestlers like that come in and are fun to watch? They tend to wrestle while their hands grow. And eventually they become bangers later.

Not sure how much they invested in these guys but I assume they will get their starts on the prelims. So 2016 is a very generous time frame.

Think we got several years before these guys start to turn corners. Which is fine, cool to see them taking chances.

I doubt you see any of them ever fight on the pre-lims. If you look at the scrubs that Ward and MVP just fought, they can do the same for their super trio. They're going to be spending too much money on them to keep them buried.

im actually more excited that bellator is putting on more events.. including tentpoles.. shows growth and commitment to the org.

Isn't Pico trying to do the Olympics gimmick in 2016?

im actually more excited that bellator is putting on more events.. including tentpoles.. shows growth and commitment to the org.

Need to sign more guys then, even with Bellator putting on weak prelims and only having to book 5-6 fights per card the way some of these monthly cards now look they arent good.

Start doing more events you need more fighters and if Bellator ever goes away from teh regional prelims they do and starts putting on quality prelims top to bottom like UFC they need alot more fighters. But I dont see them doing that anytime soon, need locals to sell tickets, they fight cheap and fights arent on tv so Bellator has no incentive to make every prelim a good fight.

I doubt you see any of them ever fight on the pre-lims. If you look at the scrubs that Ward and MVP just fought, they can do the same for their super trio. They're going to be spending too much money on them to keep them buried.
I'd just rather not see them on Main Cards. But you may be right. Just think there are guys that deserve that spot more.

Have no idea what kind of deal these dudes are signing for though. I'd imagine it's long term though, cause other wise they might just develop in Bellator and bail out.

Hope they plan on doing 4-man, same-night, tournaments some more.

Really hope they co-promote with other regional promotions around the world to do a World Wide Tournament; at 150 lbs or Open Weight.

what makes you think they won't exist? you think a buyout from like the ufc or viacom will just fold it? are they losing money for spike/viacom?

to me it looks like just the opposite as in Bellator looks like they are rebuilding like a sports team who knows they can't contend right now with their roster and are looking at the future with all of these prospect signings and they add a few guys like Kimbo to garner enough interest in the meantime to keep an audience, kind of like when the timberwolves traded for garnett just to sell a few more tickets.
you never know though, to me pride and strikeforce selling came out of nowhere and had me shocked.

Wow did you just compare kimbo slice to Kevin Garnett??

Need to sign more guys then, even with Bellator putting on weak prelims and only having to book 5-6 fights per card the way some of these monthly cards now look they arent good.

Start doing more events you need more fighters and if Bellator ever goes away from teh regional prelims they do and starts putting on quality prelims top to bottom like UFC they need alot more fighters. But I dont see them doing that anytime soon, need locals to sell tickets, they fight cheap and fights arent on tv so Bellator has no incentive to make every prelim a good fight.

agreed, but with coker putting on more events leads me to believe that he has full intention of poaching a lot of ufc talent in the coming year and a half or so... the reebok fallout hasn't even started. im sure the ufc are going to indeed going to be able to keep the fighters the REALLY want, but bellator could use the thomsons, kos', the davis'...

we just have to give fighters more time to fight out their contracts and test the waters. a kennedy or bendo would be a fantastic addition to bellators ranks...

unfortunately, we will be seeing a lot of sqashmatches for another year or so... coker and bmma are starving for names that draw ratings... hardcores see through this, but casuals eat up squash matches... they just want to see someone get put to sleep. cokers knows this so he will keep doing what he is doing for at least another year.

Wow did you just compare kimbo slice to Kevin Garnett??

haha I did, in that they both helped sell tickets. Garnett gave the twolves an attendance boost when they got him back

haha I did, in that they both helped sell tickets. Garnett gave the twolves an attendance boost when they got him back

I get the analogy but Garnett was much more than that in his prime. But I guess you're right, they went for the whole prodigal son angle last season. But he probably brought in the die hard wolves fans that were happy he was back, where kimbo brings in the casuals

They need better fight cards, the shows between the tent pole shows have a lot to be desired IMO! Weak prelims all the way and so so main cards.

Everyone saw Coker as the savior but IMO he has not live up to the challenge

2015 has been a disappointment so far.

War Bellator!

I still laugh at Rogan saying the name is dumb. "Ultimate" fighting championship... hah.

Honestly, I'd rather Bellator merge with the UFC or fire Coker. That dude is terrible.

Back