2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

He was actually pretty good yesterday. Better than Mariota imo.

Those FSU WRs are awful.

Agreed, I saw the same thing. Mariota thrived off of gimmicks, Winston was making professional throws all game. He had one horrible play and that was the fumble.

Yeah he looks like a good prospect and easily the best one of this class. I don't think he goes to Atlanta unless they do a trade back. There are some good DE/OLB prospects there that would make more sense.

I think earliest he goes is 19 to Cleveland (assuming they don't resign Cameron).

Yeah, Atlanta is going to be picking D this year

Oh, most definitely Atlanta needs to go pass rush with the 8th pick, I'm hoping for Shane Ray or Vic Beasley. My hope is that Maxx Williams somehow lasts til the second round and we can maybe trade up a few picks to grab him if we need to, but first and foremost pass rush. I didn't mean to come across as he should be our first rounder, but if he lasts late into the first/early second I'm really hoping we make the move to grab him.

From a financial standpoint I'm not sure how the titans don't go qb with it's pick.

Even if Winston is Vince Young 2.0, at least you'd have somebody on the roster who really is a public figure and a possible face of the franchise. I can't remember a team with more anonymity on it.

What a shock... Scherff getting bull rushed at will early on... He fucking sucks.

He is a guard. Been saying it all year.

Winston is not impressive and will be Jawalrus 2.0

Nah he is very competitive, no purple drank or work ethic issues for him. As for skill set he is similar to luck

Nah he is very competitive, no purple drank or work ethic issues for him. As for skill set he is similar to luck

Pump ya breaks....

I'd say he's more similar to Rapelessberger.

Pump ya breaks....

I'd say he's more similar to Rapelessberger.

That's just my comparison. Ben hangs in the pocket with defenders draped on him creating many big plays and sacks. Winston throws into very tight windows that often is big play or pick
But not just that; poise, play, reads, release, accuracy, arm Strength, scrambling technique ....many similarities to luck imo

Winston is going to be a better pro that Mariota.

I think he's coachable in terms of football, and his off field transgressions are blown up to the max. The rape thing was proven to be untrue, stealing crab legs was stupid but not the biggest deal in the world, and I'm not even sure how the whole fuck her in the pussy thing gets even a mention.

The only really bad play he made yesterday was obviously the fumble, but it's 4th down and he's trying to make something happen. Still, it was hilarious.

Game was lost for FSU on those 2 Cook fumbles, and their receivers dropping balls all over the place.

I'm not going to get into the whole rape thing but I'd read the NYT article on it. Case was mishandled from the get go.

Gross...

From a talent stand up Winston is by far the best QB available. Now, can he stay out of trouble and is he coachable? That is the real concern.

From a talent standpoint sure he is. From a regressing and absurd amount of off the field issues plus interest in another sport no thanks. Hundley all day.

From a talent standpoint sure he is. From a regressing and absurd amount of off the field issues plus interest in another sport no thanks. Hundley all day.

He likes baseball... But I think he knows when his talents lie. Hundley can't make a lot of throws... He doesn't finish well and his accuracy is sketchy.

He likes baseball... But I think he knows when his talents lie. Hundley can't make a lot of throws... He doesn't finish well and his accuracy is sketchy.

What throw cant he make? His completions are 5% higher than your boy Winston this season, dont think his accuracy is too bad. Hes unpolished, no argument there. High ceiling though and a good, smart kid.

What throw cant he make? His completions are 5% higher than your boy Winston this season, dont think his accuracy is too bad. Hes unpolished, no argument there. High ceiling though and a good, smart kid.

I don't mean arm strength... I mean his accuracy on throws into tight windows... I don't take completion % in college very serious. Geno Smith was 70% as well as Canziel. He footwork & accuracy leave me wanting more.

I don't mean arm strength... I mean his accuracy on throws into tight windows... I don't take completion % in college very serious. Geno Smith was 70% as well as Canziel. He footwork & accuracy leave me wanting more.

He needs refining, I agree entirely.

However, while he may not be the best at threading the needle he also doesnt force the ball and cause turnovers. Hes a smart player.

Sounds like it was more of the same for Hundley last night

Completion % =/= accuracy. Take a look at the throws Hundley makes and you'll see why his completion percentage is high.

Completion % =/= accuracy. Take a look at the throws Hundley makes and you'll see why his completion percentage is high.

Weird how you dont give Hundley the same excuses that you give Winston.

Sounds like it was more of the same for Hundley last night

Watch the game. He had at least 3 perfectly thrown passes that hit the targets hands and were dropped, including a huge bomb. Most of his completions were deep outs and posts last night and he stepped up in a muddy pocket.

And damn he is fluid on his feet. Dude glides.

Back