2015 is gonna be a bad year for MMA

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC is a headless chicken as this point.
They campaigned so hard to do big thangs in 2015 with that The Time is Now conference, and so far we've had:

1) Their only prospective draws are Jones, and Mcgregor. Velasquez has yet to become a HW superstar, and is unlikely to become one

2) PR fiasco with Jones

3) Lawsuit against them

4) Injuries are as rampant as ever, ruining big fights and preventing fighters from getting their name out there.

5) CM Punk (desperate for cashcows)

6) Giving Anderson a title shot if he beats Nick (this will not end well), and thus holding up the MW division

And we're only 2 weeks into 2015. I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse for the UFC this year......

Last edited:
I'm a bit more positive, new year, new opportunities. Should be a good year.

We have Cowboy, Thatch, finishers, grapplers, up and commers a Poland fight card, the possibility of one in the Netherlands.

I agree with everything you said, but I love fights so I'm still gunna watch the shit out of every card they put on.

I'm a bit more positive, new year, new opportunities. Should be a good year

im with him. Lots of good fights within the next few weeks alone. Mcgregor hype train is about to either crash or pick up momentum on sunday. then we get Diaz vs silva.

Looking good so far in my opinion

chris vs vitor vs Jacare/Romero potential vs AS 3, ronda vs cat+holm, potential return of gsp maybe even gsp vs AS, Aldo vs pettis, pettis vs rda vs khabib, Jones vs gus, Cain vs werdum, goat vs aldo vs edgar, not sure if cruise is fighting this year but even TJ vs Barao is pretty big rematch, and even MM vs dodson is great match up. I know a lot of these won't materialize but there is a lot of potential this year. Oh and AS vs diaz is a big draw fight as is CM punks first match.

... BUT ufc is dying...

No I think 2014 was the bad year.
2015 is gonna be huge!

A Brock return, GSP Return, and possibly a Rousey vs. Cyborg fight....could prove to be a huge boon for the company... However, in light of the recent PR Hit.... The year could end up being a total disaster. UFC is going to need alot of luck, to be able to avoid another 2014 fiasco... They are just spread to thin, injuries will continue to plague their cards.

imagine if Zuffa sold its shares to a bigger company and finally cashed out? Man, I think a change in leadership would do this sport good.

Who knows what's going to happen. I"ll keep watching till the sky really falls.

A bad year for the UFC.. Not MMA.
Who cares if mma loses steam to the mainstream ... I am sick of the UFC hype machine. and the hypocrisy. I miss the old days and wouldn't mind it if MMA becomes less mainstream.

it would eventually be bad for UFC, not for all MMA

2014 was a crap year overall for The UFC. That being said i think The UFC is being much more aggressive with putting together bigger fights (some good, some gimmick), they HAVE to after all to gain back company value. BUT...we'll see (glass half full).

Cain is gonna get stripped along with all of that.

I actually have high hopes for this year, and i would not be normally be called an optimist either

Yeah, not feeling good vibes about this year either.

Does anyone take a person who says "thangs" seriously?

MMA will be fine in 2015. We'll see far more fights and far better fighters than we did 5 years ago. PR fiascos, lawsuits and CM Punk don't change that.

Was 2014 really that bad?

There were a couple of really good title fights last year.

Barao vs Dillashaw
Weidman vs Machida
Aldo vs Mendes II
Hendricks vs Lawler I

Don't make hasty conclusions, we're still fresh off UFC 182 and apparently it did pretty great on PPV numbers, doing about 750K, and the Jones coco thing may had attracted more eyes to this thing. I'm a little more positive about it.

Can't agree with that just looking at the rest of the january cards.

2015 will be great.

It looks like good year to be honest. Jones will get way more attention thank to his little coke stunt, Lesnar will return, true big time championship fights (Conor vs Aldo, Pettis vs Khabib, Jones vs Gus 2, hopefully Rousey vs Cyborg) that can only be ruined by injuries. Honestly if this year looks negative to you than you are not looking it right. Lawsuit is a joke. Nobody truly cares about it except the fighter involved.

A bit of a negative nancy, are we? We're two weeks into 2015, and already complaining?

Back