2014 MLB Discussion v4: NO BALL FOR YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't all that bad in 2012 was he?

Moustakas was 23 in 2012 and batted .242 with 20 hr 73 RBIs
So, yeah, the future looked bright(er). In 2013 he batted .233 with 12 HR and 43 RBIs and struck out a metric fuck ton while taking hardly any walks. I don't want to even go back and look at his on - base or slugging % from last year

Still only 25, baseball is a weird sport. Some prospects just can't make it until they are older and one day the lightbulb just turns on

Wow, he has just gotten a lot worse from year to year. Not a good sign. Rest of the year in Triple-A might be needed.

I havent watched the Royals at all this year, how has Aoki been for you guys?

Striking out a lot more than expected, but Aoki's been pretty solid otherwise. It's nice having a legit leadoff guy in KC'S lineup. I expected him to be a little faster too, but his defense has been fine.

Striking out a lot more than expected, but Aoki's been pretty solid otherwise. It's nice having a legit leadoff guy in KC'S lineup. I expected him to be a little faster too, but his defense has been fine.

Yeah his steals dipped a bit last year from the year before so that doesnt surprise me but otherwise sounds like the same guy. Definitely a legit leadoff hitter, he makes good contact and is a tough out.

Wasnt a big fan of the trade when it happened but Smith has been huge for the Brewers, hes been a great 8th inning guy. 0.52 ERA and more strikeouts than innings. His slider is absolutely filthy, especially against lefties. Glad its working out for both parties involved, like the Greinke trade a few years ago.

I forgot all about Smith! KC'S bullpen has been deep the last couple years (before our 8th inning guy Luke Hochevar got Tommy John's), so Smith was expendable at the time. Seems like the trade worked out for both teams.

Lolling hard at nyjer Morgans home run. That was explosive

Jose Fernandez going to the DL. Big blow to the Fish.

Hooooly shiiiit

They've got a press conference set up about it. That does not sound good at all

edit: actually it sounds like it's somthing stomach-related. Apparently he was puking before his last start

Elbow

ruh_roh_dog.jpg

Indeed, not good.

Marlins placed RHP Jose Fernandez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 10, with a right elbow sprain.

I have a feeling this one is leading to another young pitcher having TJ surgery.

Definitely sounds like Tommy John is in the cards for Fernandez. Holy shit.

Is there a hotter baseball wife than Kim dejesus? Jesus Christ she's a goddess. Go follow her on Instagram if you're not already.

They already have him a 2nd MRI scheduled.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Jose Fernandez (elbow) recently underwent a second MRI.
The fact that he's already getting a second opinion likely means that the first one didn't go well. As Rosenthal's source noted, "This isn't promising." Fernandez was placed on the DL Monday with what's being called for now a right elbow sprain, but it's sure sounding like Tommy John surgery is a high possibility. The Marlins haven't announced who will replace Hernandez in the rotation, but it's likely to be Kevin Slowey or Brad Hand for now. Top prospect Andrew Heaney could also be an option before long.

Pls stahp with the Fernandez talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back