• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 Fifa World Cup Thread v18; To Be Determined

Status
Not open for further replies.
so...

usa loses by 1
ghana wins by 1
goal differential would be even

we would advance right?
USA is 2 goals up so that would mean you are even on goal difference. Then it comes down to goals scored. Again USA and Ghana are even, then it comes down to head to head. USA wins. If it was still even at last one, you flip a coin who goes to next round.

The more likely scenario for USA to qualify is if they avoid a heavy defeat and Portugal don't win by a large margin or draw, they're good. Under no circumstances must Ghana win, the goal difference between USA and Ghana is too close.

Germany doesn't have a ton of motivation to go for the win since a draw will qualify them first no matter what happens in the other match.

i think it would take something crazy for the US to be eliminated at this point. ghana needs to win by more than 1 or the US needs to lose by more than 1. if its ghana +1 and USA -1, we would have the head to head and be tied in differential and total number of goals.

USA is 2 goals up so that would mean you are even on goal difference. Then it comes down to goals scored. Again USA and Ghana are even, then it comes down to head to head. USA wins. If it was still even at last one, you flip a coin who goes to next round.

This. Hope it doesn't come to that last option

Man if it came down to a coin flip, the losing team would get so mad for getting eliminated by pure bad luck on a flip lol

I'm more worried about Ghana winning 3-0 than Portugal winning 3-0.
Depends really. Against USA ghanaians didnt manage to get much done in last 1/3 when attacking. But against Germany they were all over Germany at times.

yeah, that is what i already worked out. i was just curious because in american sports, typically the h2h gets priority.

This world cup has been f'n unpredictable. Spain, England and Italy all being knocked out by now. The US on the verge of actually making it out of the group of death. Portugal almost being knocked out.

What a wonderful WC.

EDIT: Italy is still in it, my bad I got confused

I'm more worried about Ghana winning 3-0 than Portugal winning 3-0.

Yep. Ghana looked good against the Germans and are more of a team than this Portugal side. They played great against the US as well they were just so bad in the final 3rd.

US still has a good chance though. This WC is just so unpredictable.

Man if it came down to a coin flip, the losing team would get so mad for getting eliminated by pure bad luck on a flip lol

people would still be in here bitching, "YOU CAN'T CALL IT LUCK!!11"

Okay? You make it sound like a team can't get better. That was the old Mexico that was managed by that can, el chepo. Ever since el piojo Herrera took over, Mexico is way better.

They are still a CAN team.

Bottom of the CONCACAF.

LMAO @ mexico is better. GFTO.

#freedom

BqveKt3IMAAQlNb.jpg:large

rh4a4l.jpg

4pts from 2 games, in the group of death no less.

Walk tall, America!

Depends really. Against USA ghanaians didnt manage to get much done in last 1/3 when attacking. But against Germany they were all over Germany at times.

Portugal just looks poor to me. Not enough players willing to put in the work in midfield and a suspect defense.

This world cup has been f'n unpredictable. Spain, England and Italy all being knocked out by now. The US on the verge of actually making it out of the group of death. Portugal almost being knocked out.

What a wonderful WC.

EDIT: Italy is still in it, my bad I got confused

despite all my soccer shit talk and complete ignorance of the game i have loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back