2010's nfl qbs HOF levels

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How many of these guys will be HOF? There are so many great players today this is nuts when you write it out.

The absolute locks:
Brady
Rogers
Brees
Big Ben
Peyton

Probables:
Russell Wilson
Eli Manning

On the fence but need(ed) a super bowl:
Ryan
RIvers
Palmer
Cam
Stafford

Definitely getting there if they maintain current Trajectory:
mahomes
Lamar
Deshaun maybe
Wentz maybe

Top 5 yes and Wilson very likely
I don’t think Eli is a HOFer but he’s getting in because of the rings. I’d say Ryan and Rivers are on the border. No on Cam unless he has a big resurgence and Palmer wasn’t HOF level

I’ve always been curious how Staffords numbers are gonna look when he retires, they’re going to be really good looking but many garbage time yards, never had a running game so more attempts + passing era and he’s never been considered a top QB. No way a guy whose only personal achievements are 1 pro bowl and 1 comeback player of the year should be in

Stafford hasn't even won a playoff game. He ain't getting in.

How many of these guys will be HOF? There are so many great players today this is nuts when you write it out.

The absolute locks:
Brady
Rogers
Brees
Big Ben
Peyton

Probables:
Russell Wilson
Eli Manning

On the fence but need(ed) a super bowl:
Ryan
RIvers
Palmer
Cam
Stafford

Definitely getting there if they maintain current Trajectory:
mahomes
Lamar
Deshaun maybe
Wentz maybe

Besides your absolute locks and probables, Rivers and Mahomes(he really just has to be average for next 10 years to make it). Ryan and Stafford have a chance depending on where their stats end up at the end.

I think of Eli, Rivers and Big Ben, Big Ben should be the most questionable but clearly you(and most others) don't agree. People who credit Eli's Super Bowls to defense should be making that argument even stronger for Big Ben.

Palmer?

Palmer?

Palmer?

Palmer?

Don't think so. IMO Bledsoe's got a better case. Put up similar stats in an era they meant more and won in the postseason(with worse teams too IMO). People(including Palmer himself) like to shit on Cincinnati too but his teams did not suck.

Stafford hasn't even won a playoff game. He ain't getting in.

Reason he can get in is cause he's on pace to finish with Brees, Brady and Peyton stats. Despite people talking about how easy the passing game is, that isn't true of anyone else right now except Matt Ryan and maybe Mahomes when he ages out. If he wins a super bowl or has a deep playoff run it'll be hard to argue against the stats.

Palmer was lights out for a while man, he deserved a SB so bad.

Reason he can get in is cause he's on pace to finish with Brees, Brady and Peyton stats. Despite people talking about how easy the passing game is, that isn't true of anyone else right now except Matt Ryan and maybe Mahomes when he ages out. If he wins a super bowl or has a deep playoff run it'll be hard to argue against the stats.

I don't see him winning anything in the post-season with the Lions. Maybe he gets traded somewhere and does something there, but if not; I don't see how he gets in on just stats alone and having nothing to show for it in the post-season. I could be wrong though.

I don't see him winning anything in the post-season with the Lions. Maybe he gets traded somewhere and does something there, but if not; I don't see how he gets in on just stats alone and having nothing to show for it in the post-season. I could be wrong though.

As a Lions fan this saddens me:( I hope you're wrong that receiver they've got Golladay's something special.

But you can make the Hall with no post season success/limited season success if your stats are the best of your era. Then again most examples of this are running backs and receivers(Fouts and Marino got to a few conference title games), Sonny Jurgensen is one that comes to mind. Calvin Johnson's getting in for example and if Stafford wins a playoff game that's one more playoff win than he will have.

Reason Stafford has a chance is cause he could conceivably be near number 1 in every category. If that happens can't see him being kept out. Not sure that will happen but it's on pace to happen. Brees and Brady playing into their 40's does make that less likely though I admit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back