20 years from this week

DoctorPablo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was the worst day in the history of professional wrestling. Although I’ll admit, at the time I thought it was awesome.

Some highlights of that historic night.

It wasn't the worst day at all. It was huge and left me by surprise. What happened after was the worst decision in professional wrestling imo

It should have been Goldberg, Sting, Flair, DDP & Hogan vs Austin Rock Undertaker Angle & HHH.

No elimination just 5v5 first pinfall or submission wins.

The finish is Hogan betraying WCW & realigning back with Vince. I would have preferred this to be Bret but his career was over.

Either way this angle was a terrible let down. Biggest ball dropped imo they should have also built Goldberg up like the unbeatable machine he was in WCW so he could continue carrying the company once Rock/Austin retire the following year.

They also missed out on the kliq forming a stable with HHH HBK Hall Nash & Kid.

So many missed opportunities

It was definitely the beginning of the end for me as a wrestling fan. And I was a WWF guy too! WCW was a shit show and WWF was flying high at the time but in retrospect it sucks. The best thing for the consumer is good competition and it wasn't too long before a lack of it started to show. The most exciting thing I can remember from the glory days of the Attitude era was Jerichos debut and after WCW went under nothing like that could really happen again (aside from maybe Brock coming back). It could have been great but Vince is a nut and buries 90% of the shit he didn't invent; combined with the fact that so many guys either held out or were basically finished made the whole invasion angle pretty flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back