2 UFC champs born and raised in NY

DrMontello

Chieftain
@purple
Reaction score
isn't it ironic that jon jones and chris Weidman were both born and raised in new York but they will not pass this legislation?

It will pass eventually. And when it does, hopefully that can fight in the same card in Madison Square Garden, and possibly cause an explosion.

Its shitty is what it is.

NY needs to quit fkn around and let mma happen in NY

Do you guys think an ufc event in ny would push the organisation to a next level in terms of popularity? I am not an us citizen, and i allways wonder what the big deal about mma prohobited in ny is all about..why do they want to make it haooen so badly? Is it the pr boost?

No, I don't believe that is ironic.

It will pass eventually. And when it does, hopefully that can fight in the same card in Madison Square Garden, and possibly cause an explosion.

Why you ducking Vitor bro?

Yes. It's like rain on your wedding day.

Its a safe sport with lots of rules to protect fighter safety.

There should be laws against corrupt politicians, especially the ones who f w/UFC expansion & UFC officiating and judging.

No, I don't believe that is ironic.

Winner.

The word "ironic" is perhaps the most misused word in the English language.

Another smug observation: New York state has nearly 20 million residents. It's not weird at all that 2 of the champs are from the third most populous state.

Greasing a few more palms will take care of this issue soon enough.

whats ironic about it? thats right, yanks dont get irony

I don't see irony. Only a shitty situation that will most likely not get resolved any time soon

Only two champions?? I guess we're talking current champs, eh? I guess everybody forgot about Matt Serra..... :D

Do you guys think an ufc event in ny would push the organisation to a next level in terms of popularity? I am not an us citizen, and i allways wonder what the big deal about mma prohobited in ny is all about..why do they want to make it haooen so badly? Is it the pr boost?

$$$

PR would be good. Holding an event in NY would be a gimme sold out crowd. NYC has a large immigrant, and foreign visitor population.

Back