2 New Black Belts!

Te(V)plar

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Steve Bongiorno and Chad Beatty received their black belts last night from Almeida/Renzo! Ralph and Ryan Gracie were present as well. The latter individual gave me my start in BJJ and he's absolutely incredible. It sucks he moved away from the Upstate NY area. The small classes he taught from his basement (for such a relatively low price) were absolutely incredible. I am happy to see affirmed what everyone around him already knew : his great degree of excellence.

great to here there are more guys reaching that level

Congratulations. Good to see more American Black Belts.

Two more people for me to envy.

How many american black belts are there now? Does anyone have a list?

hopefulyl i get my brown belt soon... prolly not for a few years since i just got purple :(

congrats... I'll catch up sometime in the next century

that night was crazy, ricardo,ralph,ryan and renzo at the academy. it was a sight to see

NEwrestler said:
that night was crazy, ricardo,ralph,ryan and renzo at the academy. it was a sight to see

I am lucky enough to say that they are all regulars at my academyt with the exception of Ralph who stops by often though.

What was the testing proceedure like? Was it long and grueling or mere formality at this point. Did they demonstrate techniques/ free spar/ any throws in the test? Curious what a black belt BJJ test looks like...

Back