2 ideas that new ufc ownership should adopt to benefit both fighters and ratings (longer read)

chazzworthbuckingham

"Never have lives less lived been more chronicled"
@Orange
Reaction score
1) if i was dana and new ownership, i would further address the weight cutting issue (i like the weighin anytime they already did) with a move of the weight classes to benefit some of my stars that cant make weight to comfortably and give some new blood to some divisions that need it

move 125 to 130 lineker could probably make this weight and give demetrius a fresh challenger, cedujo and scoggins would have an easier cut

135 to 140 benefits cruz i think he cuts a lil too much, barao could make this, edgar could make this easier than 135 and fight cruz

145 to 150 benefits conor he could come back down a lil easier to 150 instead of 145, aldo jr , oliveria and pettis have an easier cut

155 to 160 guys who moved up like cerrone, masvidal, pearson, na diaz could come back down from 170 i think without issue , rda doesnt have to think about 170, alvarez gets an easier cut (he started career at 170), firas once said gsp said he could make 155, 160 cut maybe to be a dual weight champ?

170 to 175 r whitaker, lombard , marquardt could come back down potentially, easier cut for bigger 170/former 185ers fighters like lawler, ni diaz,hendricks, gastelum, etc...could machida make 175?

185 to 190 could rashad evans make the cut to 190? i think so, helps guys with big cuts/former 205ers like weidman, rockhold, romero, bisping, hendo, a silva, mousasi etc

keep 205 and hw the same for now, although i prefer no 265 limit...hw should have no weight limit

move womens divisions to 120 and 140 , you can add a 130 and 110 when/if their is enough talent for those div....obviously with that change, cyborg can fight for the 140 title and fight the nunes' rondas, and holm s and they cant back out /you dont need to make non title catchweight fights anymore

2) this very debatable, but would this help build bigger stars of champions and keep belts with one fighter longer ??

when someone wins the title, if they are able to defend it twice (or once if preferred) , from their 3rd title defense and on , they get to choose the country and/or city (if both fighters are from the same country they get to choose stat/city instead) of their title defenses...kind of like home court advantage in major sports playoffs...kind of like flying to russia?(i dont remember) to fight balrog in his territory in sf 2

i think that would sick that you have to defeat a non us born legend like gsp,aldo, silva, mcgregor, werdum in their territory before they are unthroned ..it would build more national interest/pride in the championship fights and make tham even more epic than they are

I'm sure it was a great read. But, I'm sorry I just can't.

How did you not capitalize one single letter? Are you against it or something? How is your auto correct or spelling errors not going crazy with red lines all over your screen?

Again, I'm sorry.

IMG_20120115_190613-1.jpg

I'm sure it was a great read. But, I'm sorry I just can't.

How did you not capitalize one single letter? Are you against it or something? How is your auto correct or spelling errors not going crazy with red lines all over your screen?

Again, I'm sorry.

dont be sorry, no offense taken.. im sure there are other people who listen to you talk, or see messages you have wrote like that kind of shit, and think "JESUS, WHAT A PUSSY"

again no worries..its an mma forum its not for serious essay writing

Back